eBay doesn't accept zip code even though it is valid for a certain shipping option.

I want to ship an item VIA Canada Post Expedited Parcel as I have for a previous sale. However, it refuses to accept any US zip code and cannot calculate shipping, so I have to choose Xpresspost which is more expensive. I've doubled checked my dimensions and locations, but nothing works. Without putting a valid shipping option buyers from the US cannot make an offer, so I was forced to put Xpresspost. Is it ok if I ship via Expedited Parcel anyways (1-2 day difference), and is there a way to resolve this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay doesn't accept zip code even though it is valid for a certain shipping option.

Other sellers started posting about this issue today on the Seller Central board. Expedited Parcel and Tracked Packet (US and International) are affected. Supposedly eBay knows about the issue and have passed the information on to the Shipping team to work on a fix.

If your buyers end up paying for Xpresspost, then ship Xpresspost. That is what they are paying for, so that is what they would expect.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's not you or your listing. There is an error with the ebay Canada Calculated Shipping Tool.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Shipping-to-the-US-not-showing-up/td-p/371529

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Other sellers started posting about this issue today on the Seller Central board. Expedited Parcel and Tracked Packet (US and International) are affected. Supposedly eBay knows about the issue and have passed the information on to the Shipping team to work on a fix.

If your buyers end up paying for Xpresspost, then ship Xpresspost. That is what they are paying for, so that is what they would expect.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

With your buyer's permission you could ship Expedited, even if you advertised ExpressPost.

The buyer would expect a reduction in the cost of shipping.

Personally, I would wait until the glitch is resolved. It's been widely reported and eBay is theoretically working on correction.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online/mail order. You can really mess up your business early on, whether with upset customers or by losing money on postal costs.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Calculated appears to be fixed and is now working again.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply