As a Canadian buyer, why do I no longer have the option of first class mailings?

As a active member since Sept. 30, 2001 with 155+ purchases & a 100% rating, why are these excessive shipping costs suddenly being imposed on me because I am Canadian?

I have always been able to communicate with my seller as to shipping options as I prefer First Class mailings.

It seems more than ludicrous to win an auction for $10.00 & be expected to pay $20.00 to $30.00 for Priority mailing & import fees.

You've have basically forced me to discontinue my collecting hobby by this means. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

As a Canadian buyer, why do I no longer have the option of first class mailings?

The shipping services are listed by the seller, not ebay. If a seller has option A for $9, option B for $20, and option C for $35 for shipping options, the seller lists whichever options he/she would like to use. If he/she only wants to use option C, then you would have to pay for option C. If the seller wants to be nice and give you 3 options, then you (the buyer) can choose.

Put yourself in the seller's shoes for a second.. Yeah shipping a parcel for $6 sounds great. You don't get a tracking number or any insurance, but hey, it's $6! The buyer will be so happy! A week goes by, now two weeks. The buyer never got the package. But that's okay, the buyer only paid $6 so that's okay right? No, now you're out the $6 for shipping and the cost of the item. The seller needs to cover their end as well.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply