I gave a seller negative feedback

for an item not  received because he has been a real jerk about it. I have been trying to get him to pay up for a while. He actually owes me for about 15 low priced items by now and he he is trying to blackmail me into changing my feedback to positive feedback before he will refund my money. I am still well within the 30 days after the latest due date. these items are all from shipments that contain more than 1 item. He has just left a lot of stuff out of each shipment. The same things each time. These were things I won on auction. i suspect that he doesn't even have these items, since he "accidentally" leaves them out each time (it's Barbie and Ken clothes and I'm buying 4 of each for my grand daughters and they generally come in separate shipments). 

Is the easiest way to go just to wait until the delivery date has passed and then try to get eBay to handle the problem by filing for each item? they don't seem to want to do anything until that due date has passed. There seems to be nothing in place to deal with items left out of larger shipments. 

I'm new to eBay and will not be ordering anything else, now that I see how incredibly - and it must be deliberately - bad their so-called resolution centre is. This is turning what started out as fun into a real nightmare for me.

I emailed him and reminded him that I have bought dozens of items from him and have many more opportunities to leave well-deserved negative feedback and told him that he can't blackmail me. And I told him that if he wants good feedback, he must refund my money for missing items promptly. 

Oh this guy is in China. No unhelpful comments about don't-deal-with-anybody-from-China please. I think I've figured that out. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Open each of those 15 (!) Item Not Recieved. disputes .

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Do NOT discuss this with your seller.

Ask eBay to step inand escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY (not shipping) you will be refunded

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.

If more than 30 days have passed since the last date for delivery, go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

Follow the same path.

Never (in future) get into a discussion with the seller.

All you want is either a tracking number or a refund. Preferably the latter.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hmmm. How you proceed with you case depends on how the seller fulfilled this order. 

If you ordered 20 items and 20 parcels were dispatched with tracking, it's as easy as filing Item Not Received (INR) cases for the ones that didn't come because they are individual transactions.

But if you ordered two orders with 10 items each, and seven were missing in one order and eight were missing in another order, you have on your hands TWO Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) cases. This is because you received something but not what you ordered as it was incomplete. 

You really want to open the SNAD instead of the INR because if tracking shows Delivered on any part of that order, you will automatically lose the case. (SNAD sometimes involves filing police reports too to solidify your claims of fraud by mail.)

It may be worth calling ebay Customer Service. 

The plot will thicken because ebay probably won't let you open your cases until it's too late to do so (as recently happened to me as a buyer) but paypal SNAD cases require buyers to return the orders at their own cost. With tracking. Which often exceeds the value of the order placed. I think you need to talk to CSReps about it to decide your best course of action.

If none of the items were shipped with tracking, open your Items Not Received cases. But you will have to wait until the delivery estimate date is passed because you must presume the seller is still planning to send them to you. He might be drop-shipping. Or only temporarily out of stock.

You must must must look at seller feedback before making your choices on ebay. As a new buyer, I learned the hard way that the best 'deal' was often the opposite because the seller would fail to deliver it. As anywhere else in life, you get what you pay for. Or don't. Any there's really not much of an excuse for feedback lower than 99 per cent. 

Wait until the Disputes are resolved before leaving feedback.

When they all arrive at once, they are counted as one.

When they are spread out, they seem to count as more.

Mwa ha haa  ha haaa.....

On reconsideration-- go to Paypal immediately.

You can open a PP dispute for 180 days after PAYMENT, which is much sooner than the 'estimated date for delivery".

I'm amazed that (some of) your items arrived so quickly from China. Usually it takes well over a month.

Ask a Question