I have received an email from seller asking for more money for shipping. Is this ok?

I have already paid all moneis required for item and shipping at checkout. This email came a few days later. It is not my problem I think or is ot?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have received an email from seller asking for more money for shipping. Is this ok?

Nope.

Every seller has messed up shipping charges at some point.

We suck it up, swear*, and ship.

You don't owe him a penny more than you were originally invoiced.

Let the seller know that you bought on the basis of the advertised price and politely ask what service he will be using, the date of shipment and the tracking number.

Don't worry about the tracking number, many sellers don't use them. They do nothing for the buyer outside of the warm fuzzies.

If he refuses to ship, open a Paypal** Item Not Received Dispute in their Resolution Centre, which is hidden at the top of you PP account page under Tools.

*http://www.literarygenius.info/a2-shakespeare-insult-generator.htm

Because we are a classy bunch here, eh?

** Because eBay wants you to wait until the last estimated date for delivery. PP allows a Dispute much sooner.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Nope.

Every seller has messed up shipping charges at some point.

We suck it up, swear*, and ship.

You don't owe him a penny more than you were originally invoiced.

Let the seller know that you bought on the basis of the advertised price and politely ask what service he will be using, the date of shipment and the tracking number.

Don't worry about the tracking number, many sellers don't use them. They do nothing for the buyer outside of the warm fuzzies.

If he refuses to ship, open a Paypal** Item Not Received Dispute in their Resolution Centre, which is hidden at the top of you PP account page under Tools.

*http://www.literarygenius.info/a2-shakespeare-insult-generator.htm

Because we are a classy bunch here, eh?

** Because eBay wants you to wait until the last estimated date for delivery. PP allows a Dispute much sooner.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You don't get more or different answers with a new thread.

If the seller tries to cancel stating 'Buyer Request' you do not have to agree.

That won't force the seller to ship, but it will get you a refund and the seller a Defect, which is a very serious punishment and can lead to the selling account being closed.

Meanwhile open the Item Not Received dispute on Paypal where you can do it earlier than on eBay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply