PayPal and your bank account

Does anyone know WHY PayPal needs this info when they already have your credit card info linked to the account?

My credit card is different, I am comfortable there since you can buy insurance to protect yourself.

Received a noitification that my "PayPal limit" is fast approaching. When I called, I discovered they wished my banking info. Well, that isn't acceptable with the hacking happening today.

However, the member's idea of an account set up for the express use of satisfying Pay Pal's ridiculous need for private info is a possibility. Thank you for the idea. if they will allow a minimum balance.

maryenka123

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

scifan57
Community Member
Because if you have a balance in your PayPal account and want to withdraw it,you can only transfer the money to a bank account.It is also a further means of identifying you and your address. You mentioned that your spending limit is fast approaching.Once your spending limit is reached,the only way to eliminate the limit is to add a bank account to PayPal.The only info PayPal needs is the same info that your employer needs in order to process withdrawals and deposits to your account. If you refuse to add your bank account to PayPal you will no longer be able to use PayPal To buy anything on eBay once your spending limit is reached.
Ask a Question