Paypal payments in limbo because they were sent to my old account which has been cancelled. How do I get my payment when there is no account

400sqm
Community Member

I have several payments that have gone to an old account that I cancelled some time ago. This account was tied to an email address that was through my ISP but after moving and changing my ISP, I lost that email address so I cancelled my Paypal account for that email. When Selling on eBay the old account popped up and without noticing it all my payments went to the non-existent account. Tried calling eBay support which put me on hold for 30 minutes(had to hang up as I was calling from abroad and long distance fees were adding up). Tried emailing Paypal but they could not see any transactions because the old account does not exist anymore. How to get my payments sent to my current account?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Paypal payments in limbo because they were sent to my old account which has been cancelled. How do I get my payment when there is no account

Hi from Canada...If you cannot access the old email than there is no easy fix.

Will have to contact buyers, explain and ask them to cancel payments. Payments in  PP will be showing as unclaimed with a cancel in action column.

Could offer to send an invoice through PP but some buyers may object as concerned about losing Buyer Protection.

Otherwise , its cancel the transaction with buyers aware of what you are doing and set up BINs for the sale. Can use buyer's ID for title and message the item # when posted.

SYI form stores email address so check on future listings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

400sqm
Community Member

I can try asking the buyers to cancel the payment and send the money to my account, will have to see how many decide to pay when there are no repercussions as in negative feedback. Also these auctions are from January and February and they no longer show up on my selling page as they are older than 60 days so I am not sure they will even be able to cancel payment. Think I may just have to take these losses and stick to free local sites for selling.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nothing is possible after so much time and if buyers didn't cancel payments , PP returns to their account after 30 days. I'm surprised those buyers weren't hassling for a solution. Transactions must be cancelled within 45 days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

400sqm
Community Member

No reason for the buyer to hassle as I sent the items when it showed payment made to Paypal. I didn't think it fair that they should wait for their items while the payment status showed payment pending. I thought there was a hold on the payment since I had not sold in a long time. When I finally discovered that my old account came up automatically on my selling page it was too late. Probably had the old account last time I sold on eBay. Thanks for all your input and taking the time to explain this:-)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi from Canada...If you cannot access the old email than there is no easy fix.

Will have to contact buyers, explain and ask them to cancel payments. Payments in  PP will be showing as unclaimed with a cancel in action column.

Could offer to send an invoice through PP but some buyers may object as concerned about losing Buyer Protection.

Otherwise , its cancel the transaction with buyers aware of what you are doing and set up BINs for the sale. Can use buyer's ID for title and message the item # when posted.

SYI form stores email address so check on future listings.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

400sqm
Community Member

I can try asking the buyers to cancel the payment and send the money to my account, will have to see how many decide to pay when there are no repercussions as in negative feedback. Also these auctions are from January and February and they no longer show up on my selling page as they are older than 60 days so I am not sure they will even be able to cancel payment. Think I may just have to take these losses and stick to free local sites for selling.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nothing is possible after so much time and if buyers didn't cancel payments , PP returns to their account after 30 days. I'm surprised those buyers weren't hassling for a solution. Transactions must be cancelled within 45 days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

400sqm
Community Member

No reason for the buyer to hassle as I sent the items when it showed payment made to Paypal. I didn't think it fair that they should wait for their items while the payment status showed payment pending. I thought there was a hold on the payment since I had not sold in a long time. When I finally discovered that my old account came up automatically on my selling page it was too late. Probably had the old account last time I sold on eBay. Thanks for all your input and taking the time to explain this:-)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply