Paypal

So I link my PayPal with my bank account and then link to my PayPal was my eBay account I found something on eBay with my PayPal account that was dumb to my bank account and then it took money in PayPal took money from my bank account saying that I paid for what I bought on eBay eBay saying I paid for it but PayPal is also saying that the payment is pending but it also already took money from my bank account so I'm very confused on the seller saying I haven't paid them my money is missing and I don't know what's going on is Paypal scamming me or is eBay scamming me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

The money is not missing.

It can take a week for the money to travel from your bank account to paypal.

Which is why paypal says "pending".

The Seller should see that your money payment is "pending" -- paypal will tell them to wait and not ship until the "pending" status is cleared.  The Seller should not be telling you have not paid. They should be saying that they are waiting for your money to arrive.

The Canadian banking system and the American banking system (which PayPal uses) handle money transfers differently.  Speed of transfer is not instant. PayPal wants to make sure the money is going to arrive from your bank.

You can add a credit card to your paypal account as backup. Then paypal is willing to trust that the money is going to arrive from your bank (because if it does not, then they have a credit card to go after). 

Less likely reason:

It is also possible that the Seller did not use the correct email address for the item you bought -- which could be why they not to see the money.

-..-

Ask a Question