My fees for selling a $300.00 item were $71.00 way to much, and I can not contact them only phone???

cam-guy
Community Member

Why can't we email or chat anymore, call who calls anymore, takes forever waiting on line?

There are no explanations as to what the $71.00 fee is for? I only sold one Item and it was $300.00 and the fee was $71.00 they don't explain the fee and you can not really contact them anymore, I think it's time to use some other service, the fees and the shipping involving two extra contacts, PayPal and Shippo?

Every time someone makes a new and improved site it gets worse. 

After 13 years, I feel it's just too expansive to do business.

Does anyone have an email address? The one they give you suport@ebay.ca is not a real address it just bounces back. Even though that's the address on my bill from PayPal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I see you posted this in the PayPal section.

You do not look on PayPal for details about your eBay fees -- you look on eBay.

https://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayMyAccounts

You can click on Select Invoice to view any eBay invoice for the last 18 months.

I recommend downloading them to your computer for your records (html and CSV formats available).

The itemized list of all fees are on the invoice.

Current charges that are not yet on an invoice can be viewed by clicking on fees.

-..-

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!​​​​​​​

If you are spelling "support" with one "p" then it's not surprising it bounces back.  Or is that just a typo here?

In your invoice it should tell you what the fees are for?  "Final value fee", for example?  Paypal fee?  It does sound like a lot. 

You paid a listing fee of 30 cents,

You paid a final value fee of 10%  -(~$30)

You paid an FVF fee of 10% on whatever shipping you charged. You dtdn't sat how much that was.

There is a GST charge on all those fees of 5%.

If you added any of eBay's useless options, there is a charge for those too.

There will also be a charge of 30 c +2.9% on your customer's payment from Paypal.

there must be something else going on, no way should your fee be 75$, but keep in mind ebay and paypal take a chunk of shipping as well..

but it still sounds high to me..don't forget about the tax as well. that is now added..

There may also be non-refundable fees for options like sub-total, auction reserve, Promoted Listing (though not on a 2017 listing), or bold title.

These are shown at the bottom of the new listing before the seller agrees to the charges.

ZOMBIE Thread from 2017!!

Dated    .......

Since you don’t say what the item was and where it was shipped to and what Shipping services you used nor the dimensions or weight of the item, I will assume you shipped from Canada to USA using a tracked service and the item weighed about 1 to 2 kg.

$300 sold, total fee $71

EBay fee 10% = $30
PayPal fee 3.7% = $11.21

This leaves about $30 for shipping cost plus PayPal fee on shipping about $1.12. This makes sense to me because a tracked shipping service to USA could be $30 depending on size and weight of item.

Please provide more information to get better help.
Ask a Question