Why did Ebay do what they did?

I applied with ebay some 3 or 4 days ago to cancel out an item I purchased, the seller was willing to cancel it, so long as I cancelled it, I wrote him back to tell him a seller should be doing this as I allready paid for the item and the amount showed on my credit card.  Well communications with the seller were not good after writing him one email after the other I received no replies whatsoever.  This amount shows up on my credit card statement but not on pay pal and I went into My Ebay and he still has not sent the item or there is no indication of it.  But here is what Ebay did after telling me for 3 days to be patient and that the cancellation was pending this morning I got an email from them saying now that the transaction cannot be cancelled, what gives Ebay!!  This is certainly not fair, it is not my fault that the seller did not tell ebay to cancel but did to me.

View Entire Topic

This amount shows up on my credit card statement but not on pay pal

Do you mean the amount you paid is on your credit card or that the payment has been refunded and that shows on your credit card?

When you pay and your PP account is backed by a card, any creditted payments go back to the card, not to PP.

If that is what is happening, the transaction is over.

Leave appropriate feedback and move on.

If the payment has not been refunded, go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first step is to contact the seller, but you have already done that, so ask PP to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (and he has apparently agreed to cancel and has not sent anything) you will be refunded.

The rest is bits and bytes. Vapourware. It will eventually drop off your lists.

You are not charged for using PP,nor do buyers have fees for using PP, nor can a seller leave negative feedback for a buyer.

Ask a Question