What will be the conversion fees under managed payments since they will not allow USD bank accounts

Ebay has stated that under Managed Payments Canadians will no longer be allowed to have their funds deposited into a USD bank account.  They are "working on a solution." However, I do not believe this will be a priority since their main priority should be getting back the ability to sell newly restricted items.

There is no reason this should be difficult.  Paypal allows it.  They can just figure out how Paypal does it and do the same.

I would like to know what the conversion costs will be and how they will determine the exchange rate under Managed Payments.  To me this just seems like a way to nickle and dime.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hi Tyler,

From eBay's Q&A section:

As a Canadian registered seller, you will be able to actively list on eBay.com and link a Canadian bank account for your sales. We’re actively working on allowing Canadian sellers to link a US bank account to accept US dollar sales.

So I am not signed up and I hope to not have to be a part of Managed Payments until this is resolved.  I was all for Managed Payments until I heard about this.

Right now all of my funds are in USD and go into my USD bank account, which is also used to buy all my groceries, gas, etc. We drive into the US several times a week to ship and shop. I do not want my income transferred into CAD only so I have to transfer it back into USD and lose money on both conversions.

If and when you get an answer, could you add it to the largest Managed Payments thread?

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Help-with-Managed-Payment-Listing-Fees/m-p/439509#M11492...

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @blackcatandco - we don't have many specifics for the Canadian payments program as yet. If you've signed up you should be able to request a call from a payments teammate by going to the bottom of the payments Help Pages you now have access to. Thanks!

@blackcatandco wrote:

Ebay has stated that under Managed Payments Canadians will no longer be allowed to have their funds deposited into a USD bank account. 

There is no reason this should be difficult.  Paypal allows it.  They can just figure out how Paypal does it and do the same.

Not PayPal.  All eBay needs to do is figure out how Amazon manages to do it for their version of managed payments.

The July 2020 conversion fee I've seen for ebay.COM managed payment is 3% on top of the current exchange rate. Not sure if that is calculated at time of sale or at time of deposit to your bank account.

By comparison paypal when converting adds 3.5% (3% if between paypal balances).

-..-

you gotta love the canned responses by eBay on both .COM and.CA

"If you've signed up you should be able to request a call from a payments teammate..."

No further information divulged publicly but if you sign up for MP, they'll offer up additional info!

Ask a Question