can a paypal instant payment be made from a linked bank account a day before sufficient funds available in bank account to cover the expense

Making an instant payment Wednesday when sufficient funds in bank account will be available Thursday because of day and half processing time? Is this OK?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

can a paypal instant payment be made from a linked bank account a day before sufficient funds available in bank account to cover the expense

Hi.. not something i would recommend doing but it is true that you likely have a 1 day window.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would advise using your credit card if you don't have the funds immediately available.

Not only will the payment process instantly, but you will have double Buyer Protection, from PP and from your credit card chargeback programme.

You have up to 96 hours (four days) to pay before the seller can open an Unpaid Item Dispute. It would be polite to let your seller know if you are not paying immediately and why. Santa is watching.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi.. not something i would recommend doing but it is true that you likely have a 1 day window.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would advise using your credit card if you don't have the funds immediately available.

Not only will the payment process instantly, but you will have double Buyer Protection, from PP and from your credit card chargeback programme.

You have up to 96 hours (four days) to pay before the seller can open an Unpaid Item Dispute. It would be polite to let your seller know if you are not paying immediately and why. Santa is watching.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

At the time of the instant paypal payment sufficient funds must be in the linked bank account to cover the expense as well as at the end of the transaction process.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply