How to do that for deaf user with no TTY phone and no support?

Hello! I have just noticed for some time when I shop on the internet, sellers withdraw money from both sides. He asks me to choose on my Bank TD account or my Paypal credits.
In the end, he withdraws from both sides.
Example: 154.82 Jan 18 2018
eBay - Purchase
Loading transaction details for eBay -.  Purchase
- negative $ 154.82
eBay -  Track Shipment

He offers me to choose the payment from my Paypal credits that I had $ 1700. And he withdraws money from my TD VISA too. Total. $ 154.82 X 2 TD VISA + Paypal. = $ 309.84. Unacceptable. Real flight I am deaf and nonverbal and without support. I just noticed. It's been doing this since October 2017. How to do that for deaf user with no TTY phone and no support? Solution ???

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ebay Sellers are not given the option to ask buyers to do anything other than pay. I think you may be having problems with paypal, specifically. You will have to try their Customer Service support at https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/contact-us

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

ebay Sellers are not given the option to ask buyers to do anything other than pay. I think you may be having problems with paypal, specifically. You will have to try their Customer Service support at https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/contact-us

Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Hello! I have just noticed for some time when I shop on the internet, sellers withdraw money from both sides. He asks me to choose on my Bank TD account or my Paypal credits.
In the end, he withdraws from both sides.
Example: 154.82 Jan 18 2018
eBay - Purchase
Loading transaction details for eBay -.  Purchase
- negative $ 154.82
eBay -  Track Shipment

He offers me to choose the payment from my Paypal credits that I had $ 1700. And he withdraws money from my TD VISA too. Total. $ 154.82 X 2 TD VISA + Paypal. = $ 309.84. Unacceptable. Real flight I am deaf and nonverbal and without support. I just noticed. It's been doing this since October 2017. How to do that for deaf user with no TTY phone and no support? Solution ???

Is the "he" you are referring to the Seller or is it eBay ?

Kicking this over to @happy_pigeon for an insider view

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hello @deafnessandhardhearing,

As the other members have mentioned, it's always up to you how you choose to pay a seller, so long as it is a method of payment that the seller accepts.

If you're paying with PayPal, and your TD credit card is the form of payment that your PayPal account draws from, it would make sense for you to see the payment "come out" of PayPal and your TD card both (although really, the money is just "passing through" PP from your TD card).

However, if you have a PayPal balance of $1,700 as you have mentioned, and the item you are paying for is less than that, you should not see money drawn from your TD card at all, unless you have chosen not to use your PP balance for payment. However, it should never draw from both.

Let me ask a colleague of mine to see if she can help. She will have access to look deeper into your account, which I do not. May I ask her to contact you (likely via email to begin with, the address associated with your eBay account) if she is able to help?

Thanks to @ypdc_dennis for flagging this.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@deafnessandhardhearing, my colleague should contact you via email over the next couple of days to assist.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am became deaf. Rare people deaf use TTY phone or BSR in the year 2018. Internet, email, facebook, tweeter, just-eat.ca, amazon.ca, ebay, instagram etc... TTY phone?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Mesage "

Hi Tommy, I understand this can be a concerning situation. When you send money using PayPal services, we use your PayPal balance first. If you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance, we’ll use the payment method you select. If you choose a bank account or a debit/credit card as a funding source, you will be able to see the transaction on your PayPal account (as a record of the transaction) as well as on your financial statement (where you were charged). You will be able to see the funding source you chose for the payment and how much was charged for the transaction on the Transaction Details Page. -Karla
PayPal

You can view the transaction details for every transaction by clicking on the "Detailed" button on the upper right hand corner of the Activity section of your PayPal account. If after viewing the details you notice you were charged twice, here's how to report the billing issue:

Keep in mind that for a refund, if the original payment was made using a bank account or your PayPal balance, the refund will return to your PayPal balance. Else, if the payment was made using a card the refund will automatically go back into your card. 🙂 -Karla "
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It is not caused by the seller in ebay but cause by Paypal or ebay confusion Payment.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It is not caused by the seller in ebay but cause by Paypal or ebay confusion Payment.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Message 10 of 10
latest reply