Need help with getting my money back

I don't know if this is where I post this or not. There is no option for what I need. I am currently in a dispute with a seller that flat out refuses to refund my money. It has long since passed the time for eBay to step in. The original sale was March 8th of this year and when I first complained to them that it was long overdue, they said they would ship another. That's fine but now it's June 30th and they have now sent me a total of 5 shipments of the same product. I haven't received ANY of them which leads me to believe they haven't sent any of them! I have requested my money back on several occasions and they keep telling me they will resolve the issue by resending even after I said no I don't want another shipment, I want my money back. What can be done about this? I feel this seller is stealing from buyers!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It sounds like it is too late for eBay to handle this but if you paid with Paypal you can open an item not received claim there for up to 180 days after the purchase. If the seller does not have proof of delivery to your address then you will get your money back.  If you paid with a credit card rather than paypal, you can file a chargeback with your credit card company.

If this happens again, open an item not received claim in ebay and ask for a refund within 30 days after the last date of estimated delivery. If the seller doesn't refund, you can ask ebay to step in after about 3 business days.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Paypal's Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have 180 days from Payment to open a Dispute.

Skip the suggestion about contacting the scammer Seller. You've done that.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

And never never never accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Get your money back, and then if you still trust the seller, order again. This also restarts the clock on any Dispute that might arise.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks! I will go to Pay Pal right now and open a claim. I never thought of doing that! Will follow up with a resolution.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

And never never never accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Get your money back, and then if you still trust the seller, order again. This also restarts the clock on any Dispute that might arise.

True on that, got screwed on a item from China, never arrived, opened a dispute and the seller said they would send a replacement. Of course it never arrived. Low value item, more of the point of it all that ticked me off.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply