No email address anymore

Have you noticed that no email address is displayed on PayPal's transaction details anymore? This is becoming more and more ridiculous! Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

No email address anymore

Are you referring to the email from PayPal? or PayPal account? Packing slips still have all the info, including email address as does the transaction details when using the classic version..

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 9.25.43 PM.png

My notice of payment from paypal tonight has the email address of the buyer in two places, at the top and within their address. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

It has disappeared from the PayPal online "default" transaction summary details.

But still available if you dig deeper by clicking on Packing Slip.

Or by switching to the Classic view.

Sign into paypal then jump to https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

I have to wonder as to the reason that eBay and PayPal are making it harder and harder to communicate with our buyers. Is it because sellers were abusing buyer email addresses with spam newsletters, and now we're all being punished for that?
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

And by 'harder' I mean making information like email addresses available in fewer places.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Are you referring to the email from PayPal? or PayPal account?

No, not the email. On PayPal's website under the transaction details. Good to know the packing slip still has it.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I have to wonder as to the reason that eBay and PayPal are making it harder and harder to communicate with our buyers. Is it because sellers were abusing buyer email addresses with spam newsletters, and now we're all being punished for that?

That may be one of the reasons. I remember that when I bought a lot of photos on eBay, the sellers sometimes added my email address to their newsletter without my authorization. But it was easy to unsuscribe.

However, even if I understand the reasoning, it's not fair to "punish" all sellers just for a few. There should certainly be other options...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

It's my understanding that they want buyers and sellers to communicate only by ebay messages to prevent sellers and buyers from arranging sales off of ebay.  They seem to think that it is a real problem. It seems a bit paranoid to me but perhaps they see it being done more often than we realize.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

Why is Ebay .com and .ca being so ignorant with personal information when sellers from overseas have all the information in their listings?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

It's required by government law for eBay.co.uk sellers.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

I appreciate that, but Europe does it too. 

Why is Ebay in North America making such a big deal about it here.

It would be OK to buy off site from someone overseas but in the US they suspend you.  Maybe if their site wasn't such a disaster, people would be more willing to use Ebay.

Much of what Ebay says it trying to sell off site are just their idiotic bots that are clueless AI clones.

Anyone wanting to sell or buy off site can do so without a great deal of trouble.

Ebay is just trying to be more controlling and ignorant and using the excuse that selling off site is rampant and must be punishable by Ebay death.

Just like all the changes, sellers asked for this, so we gave it to them.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

I really don't think it's considered by ebay to be 'okay' to buy off-site from a seller in the UK or Europe. Those sellers have all their personal/business data on their listings because the law requires it. Whether it's Consumer Protection Laws or VAT-related laws, the law of that country supersedes ebay policy, and that's all there is to it. 

I do a lot of Local Pickup and I've never gotten a warning because the buyer only gets my contact information when the invoice is sent to them post-purchase. If other sellers are getting false off-site-communication warnings, it must be because they're doing it wrong. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

Please read some of the US boards about this situation.

I am done with this discussion as well, and probably most if not all soon.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

@mjwl2006 wrote:
If other sellers are getting false off-site-communication warnings, it must be because they're doing it wrong. 

I once got a bot message about a supposedly "out of eBay" transaction, because the buyer wanted to pay by bank transfer - which I refused. And I never - ever - ever - sold that thing outside of eBay. It sold here to someone else!

If the bots are the ones saying "this is an out of eBay transaction", I suspect many sellers will have to pay fees for something that never sold outside of this site! What a stupid new rule! If I ever get one - just one - of those fees, I'm out. Because it will be undeserved.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

No email address anymore

the reason that eBay and PayPal are making it harder

Is PP making it harder?

I see email and usually telephone info on all my PP transactions.

When phone numbers are missing, it seems to be because the member did not include it.

We all tend to conflate eBay and PP, but PP is no longer part of eBay and they make their money on sales, no matter where those sales are made

Message 16 of 16
latest reply