PayPal ask for Canada Post account

Is this new? When I tried to print a label today, PayPal asked me to enter my Canada Post account. And if I didn't have one, to create one. I cannot opt out of this. Very frustrating!! I do have an account, but I so rarely use it that I don't know the number... will have to get back home before printing that label. That sucks!! I wanted to ship this package before the long weekend, but I can't now. Woman Mad

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I used my Solutions for Small Business/VenturePost card number and zipped through.

Side note- totally unrelated. This is the second label I have printed this week and I only use labels for the few parcels that don't go LetterMail/LightPacket on which I use postage stamps. and on those I use "Free" Shipping.

Both parcels had Calculated Shipping that was higher than the selling price.

Just mentioning it, because high shipping costs are often touted by posters as a reason for low or slow sales.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Last time I printed a label was May 12, and it did not ask me this. I wonder why they are now asking for it? It's none of their business if I have an account or not. What if I didn't have one and did not want one? That is totally disrespectful to force sellers to create an account!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Now that I entered my account #, I have the same problem as everyone else: unable to print that stupid label. I've been trying 5 times already. If I choose to print without using eBay's link, the discount is much lower! 😞

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

That is totally disrespectful to force sellers to create an account!

All businesses seem convinced that they need to know all about their customers these days. Have you had a supermarket cashier ask for your postal code? They want to know their catchment area.

I don't mind too much if the information is in exchange for a benefit, such as a discount on postage (or groceries).

It may also be related to the upcoming switch from Paypal labels to 'Shippo'* labels. But just the fact that you are approaching from a contracted site (eBay/Paypal/ Sh... oh I just can't) should be enough information to prove the customer's bona fides.

*Dear Aphrodite in Olympus, how babytalk can you get?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Same here, now the American purchaser may think I am late in mailing. Frustrating

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

When I enter my Ventureone number I get the message - "We are unable to process your request right now. Please try again later."  Guess I will never print another label on paypal.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

You should try again later.

The system has been wonky for the last few days so it might work for you another day.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I phoned them last night. They said they are aware of the problem and are working on it. So frustrating

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

i found this too. i called paypal and they say it is a canada post requirement. i spoke to two different people at canada post and Julie they told me "the new platform was created FOR paypal at their request.  who is telling the truty - who knows

very frustrating - even more frustrating is that  i sued to be able to get a "proof of mailing" receipt- now the post office tells me that the items "dont  offer a proof of mailing option" 

now the entire world that i ship to know my canada post account number 😞

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

thanks - when i spoke to paypal yesterday they knew nothing about it:(
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

i just receieved this email :You’ll need to register for Canada Post Solutions for Small Business™. It’s easy, it’s free, and you can do it within your PayPal account.
If you’ve already registered,
simply link your Canada Post account.

Start shipping

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

i just receeved this email :You’ll need to register for Canada Post Solutions for Small Business™. It’s easy, it’s free, and you can do it within your PayPal account.
If you’ve already registered,
simply link your Canada Post account.

Start shipping

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

paypal is not fixing the problem at all - they created a problem by making everyone sign up for canada psot venture

i just received an email from paypal saying that i have to register with canada post in order to use paypal shippping

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

That won't be changed, PayPal wants it set up that way.  If you start you ebay label in eBay, I do not think that you need a CP number and you will receive a better discount than if you start your label on PayPal.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply