Paypal Alternatives?

So Ebay and Paypal are parting ways soon and I would love to know if they have any suggestions for other options? I cannot wait to dump Paypal like an old girlfriend (one who stole my money and charged me outrageous conversion fees that didn't reflect reality).

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Paypal Alternatives?

eBay and PayPal have reached a long term agreement whereby PayPal will continue to be offered by eBay as a preferential supplier.

Sellers already have several other options but the vast majority of buyers prefer the convenience and perceived security of PayPal where the seller (vendor) has no access to the buyer credit card or banking information.

I expect that preference by buyers to use PayPal to continue for the foreseeable future.

Your current listings only show PayPal as a method of payment.  If you dislike PayPal so much, you should start offering other methods of payment acceptable to eBay (credit card for example).

However, if you expect any other payment service to be as accepted by buyers than PayPal and offer you lower fees (including conversion fees) you may not find such service.  If it existed, sellers would be using it already.

eBay's official policy:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html

Do not expect any change to the policy after eBay and PayPal become two separate companies.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives?

What about Skrill ?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives?

It is an option acceptable to eBay.

The problem is to find buyers willing to use it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives?

Says US only on the bottom of that page.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives?

Well, depending if you are in the states or in Canada.  If you are in canada, the best option is Helcim (gives you the online merchant account) + authorize.net (gateway) = 15 + 20CAD/mos.

Helcim transaction rate is variable and depends on your volume sales.  Guaranteed to be much lower than Paypei.   But no one wants to use it that much since well this beast dominates the market.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Paypal Alternatives?

Zombie topic from 2014-2015

cartoon-zombies-373177-300x300.jpg

@happy_pigeon

Message 7 of 7
latest reply