Paypal policy update email today?

Did anyone receive this Paypal policy update in their email today?

"If you don't agree to the fee changes, you may terminate your relationship with us by closing your Account before April 13, 2016, and won't be bound by the amended terms." • 
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@pierrelebel wrote:

Once again:

The international rate (outside the USA) remains at 3.9% (regular 2.9% plus 1.0% cross border fee)

The message from PayPal is pretty clear.  The changes apply only for shipments to the USA.

My apologies, I re-read the new terms and conditions just before coming here, and I noticed they included the old terms as well in italic. And it seems there is no change for the International transactions. I just wish they would just delete that part and keep the US terms only. It would be less confusing. And no, the message was not pretty clear. There is NO mention at all that the 1% is added to the domestic rate and not the actual rate.

I guess this is good news though. However, it does not change the fact that my fees will increase significantly, because 90% of my sale are to the US. Only about 8-9% International and a very small 1-2% to Canada. A rate increase of almost 28% is pretty high. 😞

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I'm confused, what's going to happen to disputes from now on regarding the selling and buying of virtual ingame items/currency?
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

This thread is about a PayPal policy change in January 2016. It is generally advised to start a new thread to discuss a new topic, rather than reply to an old thread that likely has out-of-date information.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply