Seller said I didn’t pay?

vwsabs
Community Member
I paid for two items from a seller through PayPal. It was an Echeque which will take a few days to clear. On my end it says paid. The seller emailed me and asked why I didn’t pay. And sent me a screenshot of my unpaid items. Which I returned screenshots and transaction numbers that said “paid” and the screenshot of my pending payment from PayPal. The seller wants me to re send the money (again) I cant cancel the transaction to try again as it’s an echeque. Doesn’t PayPal notify them that I have paid? I don’t want negative feedback for a non paying buyer, and my money is already in limbo to be cleared which they’ll get either way.
Very frustrated!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When a buyer pays with an echeque the seller should be able to see that on the sold items in my eBay. My mind just blanked out as to how it actually looks but I think that instead of a the $ sign being dark it is sort of half highlighted.  That isn't quite how it looks but something like that...hopefully someone else with a better memory than me well explain it better.   If the seller isn't seeing that than ask them to check their Paypal email account to see if there is an email from PP saying that a payment was made.

Also, ask the seller to go into their listing as if they are going to revise it but just go in to check to see what the payment email address is as its also possible that there was a typo made or there is an old email address there in which case the money would have been sent to the wrong PP account.  If that's the case you may be able to cancel the payment through Paypal, you would have to phone them. If you sign into your PP account and click on the help link a choice of 'contact us by phone' should come up and it is a toll free number.  If that's what happened, I wouldn't send the money again just yet. If PP can't cancel it, normally what happens is that the money eventually is sent back to the buyer if there is no such email attached to PP but it does take a while. If it is an unused email address the seller may be able to add that address to their PP account in which case, they should be able to see the echeque. The seller could check with PP to confirm that would work. I've heard of people doing that but have never tried it myself.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member

You've fulfilled your commitment as the buyer and don't need to do anything else.

eBay will advise the seller when the payment clears and when to ship.

Clearing will take about the same number of business days as a paper cheque.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers.

They either leave Positive Feedback or non at all.

If they leave a Positive with a negative comment eBay will remove the comment.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When a buyer pays with an echeque the seller should be able to see that on the sold items in my eBay. My mind just blanked out as to how it actually looks but I think that instead of a the $ sign being dark it is sort of half highlighted.  That isn't quite how it looks but something like that...hopefully someone else with a better memory than me well explain it better.   If the seller isn't seeing that than ask them to check their Paypal email account to see if there is an email from PP saying that a payment was made.

Also, ask the seller to go into their listing as if they are going to revise it but just go in to check to see what the payment email address is as its also possible that there was a typo made or there is an old email address there in which case the money would have been sent to the wrong PP account.  If that's the case you may be able to cancel the payment through Paypal, you would have to phone them. If you sign into your PP account and click on the help link a choice of 'contact us by phone' should come up and it is a toll free number.  If that's what happened, I wouldn't send the money again just yet. If PP can't cancel it, normally what happens is that the money eventually is sent back to the buyer if there is no such email attached to PP but it does take a while. If it is an unused email address the seller may be able to add that address to their PP account in which case, they should be able to see the echeque. The seller could check with PP to confirm that would work. I've heard of people doing that but have never tried it myself.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply