Very Poor Customer Service from Pay Pal

I have had occasion to call Pay Pal customer service several times in the

past few days with an ongoing e-mail problem.  The Customer Service Rep.

assured me that the problem was corrected and it wasn't.  This happened

on three different phone calls with three different reps.  I finally realized that

they don't really grasp what my problem is and didn't follow through with the

solution like they should have done.  I finally got someone who seemed to understand

what the problem was and was efficient in processing the right information, which

none of the previous reps did.  Anyways, overall service is very poor to say the least.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I've found the same thing. You usually get the run around with many different & conflicting answers. I've had wrong information given to me too that I knew was incorrect.  Also you may get people from other countries that are not up on the policies.  Asking for a supervisor sometimes helps. But it is very frustrating & time consuming.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did you know Paypal has its own Community Forum? Perhaps if this was posted on it, someone who matters might notice it. Other ebay buyers and sellers don't fall into that category. 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Canada-Community/ct-p/Canada

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I know how to find PP's Resolution Centre -- it's under Tools.

But I don't see any Discussion Boards any more nor do I see any way to phone or email  the company.

Could you provide further information so we can pass it on to other members who have problems?

BTW-- PP and eBay are no longer under the same ownership.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you click on help and contact on the bottom of the summary page there is a link to the discussion board.  Near the top of that same page there is a link 'call customer support'.  Using that link should give you a phone number and PIN number.

There is also a help and contact link on the log in page.  That directs you to either sign in or gives a link to phone as a guest without a PIN number.

I don't see a link for tools...is there one on the new PP setup?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply