Ebay purchase error????

So I've run across an issue and it's pretty annoying I bought a $200 pre paid credit today and I went to make a purchase it says at the time thank you for your purchase so I know it went through however, 45 minutes later I got an email saying my payment didn't work as in it says insufficient funds but that's not true,because I checked my card online and it says my purchase did go through but it's pending EBAY what the heck is going on I need an answer here I have the receipts to prove it please get back to me.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay purchase error????

Is it possible the exchange (if it was US dollars), shipping and taxes didn't put it over the pre-paid card limit?

If not it's possible it is because it is a prepaid card. I had a prepaid Visa before I had received as a gift and it wouldn't let me use it on eBay (they are not treated the same as credit cards) so in my case I had added it to my PayPal account and used it that way.

Not sure why you are seeing purchase went through and is pending however, but maybe you just have to wait a little longer while eBay verifies the funds are there. Also, if it's a prepaid card remember they always take an activation charge (can't remember the percentage) so if you bought a $200 card it might be less the activation fee (I know this from my son who gets them all the time to make video game purchases and it seems like the take about $7 off a $50 gift card which is super high and then he ends up not having quite enough for the purchase as he thought).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay purchase error????

Purchase and payment are two different things.
They are usually pretty close to simulatneous, but not always.

And yes, foreign exchange.

The loonie runs about 75cent USD these days.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay purchase error????

This is a member to member discussion forum so we don't  have a definitive  answer for you.  It would best to contact customer service on eBay about your problem.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply