Has anybody else experienced ebay suddenly holding your managed payments?

I just notice ebay is holding 4 of my last 5 payments.

They started using managed payments on my account.    The first few went though as expected.

Then I just noticed they put one on hold, then processed the next, then put the next three on hold.   The hold is until the item is delivered (apparently).    They give a date about a month or so into the future for the hold date then say or when delivered - which may mean they hold for a month or longer!

I have zero defects, no negative feedback, and am a top rated seller, and have thousands of postive feedbacks, and this ebay account has been active since 2004?

I've asked ebay for an explaination - they didn't have one, other than to say that sometimes they put holds on accounts.     That suggests it is happenning to everyone, or its random.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

Probably down to the wide variances in your average selling prices tripping whatever risk metric they have in place for that. Have seen anecdotal reports of the same from other MP users, as in your cases, with no seller performance issues. Beginning to think they should just retitle the program Managed Holds.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
My guess is that the hold was auto-triggered once a bot or spider got wind that you have lots of listings in the thousands of dollars. It’s not usual for eBay sellers to list that many items of such high value and this triggered Managed Payments’ automatic security check routines.

Because you’re just starting to use MP, you’re kinda starting out as a new seller again. A call to customer service might straighten things out, but no promises.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply