One Card. So Many Headaches

sassyslssy
Community Member

What it should say is, "BUYER BEWARE". But of course, they won't let you know that. But let me break it down for other people interested in purchasing the card's:

1) They WILL NOT save you any time. Only make you invest more time and money.

2) It DOESN 'T matter with a new account, or been with them 10 year's. Check the forums, it happens to ALL

3) It's NOT related to "security measures", Considering I've had it fixed once and then it just didn't work. 

3.5) There is no security measure for the customer after they purchase a gift card. Only for them.

4) Even though they've recieved their payment already, they still want other/more payments.

5) Important questions I've asked regarding the situation, get ignored and unanswered.

6) They will use the customer service as a loss prevention tool. They don't want to issue refunds.

I've spent a total of 3 hour's chatting with support trying to fix the same issue, got it to work for ONE piurchase,  and then it doesn't work again. What's so different about my account OR the card now?  Chat with support for any hour and that's all the response/resolve I get:

"I know it worked last time, but it's hitting a security measure this time. In order to get this purchase to go through, we will need to you try another payment method."  Clearly doesn't make any sense. My card still has a balance of $165.00 and you're asking me for MORE money? 

This is criminal and you people should be ashamed.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Could you begin at the beginning?
You bought A Thing?

The price was $165 (plus shipping and taxes)?

You paid with a credit card you had used before?

Oh-- are you trying to buy an eBay giftcard?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've read similar posts about the eBay gift cards, seems like the first purchase is fine but then there's a problem after. I don't have experience with them but my guess would be that because someone could have purchased several items at the same time (or similar) time there is a wait period to make sure everything has cleared so there is a delay before you can make further purchases (again this is only a guess).

I know I had a prepaid Visa card before I tried to use and it didn't allow me to use that either but I found a work-around in that I added that prepaid card to my PayPal account and was allowed to use it that way (chose PayPal then chose that card within it). I don't know if eBay card could be added there, would be nice if it could as that would probaly help.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sassyslssy wrote:

What it should say is, "BUYER BEWARE". But of course, they won't let you know that. But let me break it down for other people interested in purchasing the card's:

1) They WILL NOT save you any time. Only make you invest more time and money.

2) It DOESN 'T matter with a new account, or been with them 10 year's. Check the forums, it happens to ALL

3) It's NOT related to "security measures", Considering I've had it fixed once and then it just didn't work. 

3.5) There is no security measure for the customer after they purchase a gift card. Only for them.

4) Even though they've recieved their payment already, they still want other/more payments.

5) Important questions I've asked regarding the situation, get ignored and unanswered.

6) They will use the customer service as a loss prevention tool. They don't want to issue refunds.

I've spent a total of 3 hour's chatting with support trying to fix the same issue, got it to work for ONE piurchase,  and then it doesn't work again. What's so different about my account OR the card now?  Chat with support for any hour and that's all the response/resolve I get:

"I know it worked last time, but it's hitting a security measure this time. In order to get this purchase to go through, we will need to you try another payment method."  Clearly doesn't make any sense. My card still has a balance of $165.00 and you're asking me for MORE money? 

This is criminal and you people should be ashamed.  

@sassyslssy 

Not sure if you have checked but here are the help pages for gift cards. I did catch that cards can only be tied to 1 ebay account and they can only be used for certain items(possibility of restrictions) but other than that nothing stood out. Not sure if any of those are applicable to your situation. 

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/paying-items/ebay-gift-cards?id=4640&st=3&pos=1&query=eBay%20gift%20...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/gift-cards-policy?id=4294&st=3&pos=4&q...

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, none of those were applicable. Basically they want me to give them another payment method for my gift card to work. Even though I have 165 on it. Completely useless
Message 5 of 5
latest reply