PAYPAL SUCKS

jeha_7655
Community Member

What a scam!  Not worth the time or money, it would actually be faster form my buyer to receive the item and MAIL me a cheque...  What the deal?  Is this because Im a new seller?  Probably the first and last time I use either of these services.  My add received 10:1 enquiries from scammers wanting me to text them from my personal cell phone, uh no...!  Anyways this whole experience got worse and worse as it progressed.  I do not recommend either Ebay or Paypal to anyone.  This is the type of tech we need our Governments to legislate out of existence.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

PAYPAL SUCKS

Every new seller has to prove they are honest to eBay. To do that, they hold your funds for 21 days or until delivery has been proven. In order to change that, you have to make x sales before getting the hold on your funds revised.

Even if I had another older account, I had to go through the same thing on this account when I started selling.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PAYPAL SUCKS

What the deal? Is this because Im a new seller?

Well, yes. It is.

I have a test account I opened two years ago.

Although eBay quickly allowed me to increase my listings from 10 a month to 4,000 when I showed them my other accounts, I still have that Hold on my customer payments.

And it's the whole period because the items are too cheap to track.

I don't think eBay is very clear about the Hold, but then a lot (perhaps the majority) of newbies don't read anything about how to sell here, what their responsibilities are to customers, what their rights are as sellers, or how and when they will be paid.

It's like a shopkeeper who is willing to accept American Express.  They don't pay the seller for a month. Ever.

At least with eBay eventually the seller is fronted the payment by Paypal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PAYPAL SUCKS

Ebay will be the best textbook example of management being too high up to know whats really going on at the bottom
Message 4 of 4
latest reply