100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

My 100k free listing promo was not renewed for November. Anyone else experience this?
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: 100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

Yup. Mine not renewed as well. 😞

Just had to end a bunch of istings.

It was nice while it lasted. While I do not need anywhere near 100,000 free listings a month, it would be nice of eBay adjusted it to something more reasonable...say somewhere between 1,000 to 5,000 free listings per month instead of the measely 200.

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

That promo is no longer offered for me as well...even though I have not listed anything on eBay since April, the 100,000 free listing promo was there each month...Today= Gone!

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

That promo is no longer offered for me as well...even though I have not listed anything on eBay since April, the 100,000 free listing promo was there each month...Today= Gone!

@kawartha-ephemera 

@kosmic64 

Something weird is afoot. Maybe halloween hijacked ebay. My current available offers(quantity used) vary between dot ca and dot com. See below. I am showing an offer for 10,000 listings in select categories. With my listings that will be hit or miss. On checking the dot com discussion board nothing showing as of yet for a similar glitch. 

You can use additional allocation of fixed price listings in the following select categories:

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

Dot Ca November OffersDot Ca November Offers

Dot Com Nov OffersDot Com Nov Offers

-Lotz

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Missing monthly offers? Technical Glitch? Before folks panic and start ending listings like crazy!

-Lotz

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

Same here!

Instead of 100K, ebay should offer between 5000-10000.

I will be listing 200 per month instead of about 6000 per month, the end results is that ebay will make less money on their fees.

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

Why are we even have fees on insertion when we already have fees on sales. This is counterproductive for ebay to limit sellers of selling. Maybe just to make the store upgrades looking worth?

It sux cause i had a lot of listings to schedule and then i guess i can't. This will result in less sales and a lose/lose situation for me/ebay and also the buyers having less items to shop

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

@pls-treasures wrote:

Same here!

Instead of 100K, ebay should offer between 5000-10000.

I will be listing 200 per month instead of about 6000 per month, the end results is that ebay will make less money on their fees.

If these promos that have been running forever have suddenly, out of the blue ended....Shouldn't there have been some kind of a MAJOR announcement?

-Lotz

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Why are we even have fees on insertion when we already have fees on sales. This is counterproductive for ebay to limit sellers of selling. Maybe just to make the store upgrades looking worth?

It sux cause i had a lot of listings to schedule and then i guess i can't. This will result in less sales and a lose/lose situation for me/ebay and also the buyers having less items to shop

In the past store fees were major revenue generator for eBay and a way for sellers to see savings on listing fees.  When Covid came along eBay started offering the promos to sellers. Because of those rolling promo's many sellers have cut back their store size. Now, there are limited number of reasons for having a store other than the quarterly shipping supply coupon, reduced FVF's and Store Categories. The verdict is not in yet on higher visibility for having a store.

Have to see if those promo's going forward are now DOA or it just was a glitch when the month rolled over!!!

-Lotz

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

This promo has been running for over a year, so for old sellers, no real suprise it finally ended.

A disappoint, but not a suprise.

Sellers should check when their BIN listings are up for renewal -- as long as you end those listings before the renewal date (*) there will be no listing fee charged.

(*) -keeping in mind that renewals for the 31st will be on the 30th this month.

-;-

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

This promo has been running for over a year, so for old sellers, no real suprise it finally ended.

A disappoint, but not a suprise.

Sellers should check when their BIN listings are up for renewal -- as long as you end those listings before the renewal date (*) there will be no listing fee charged.

(*) -keeping in mind that renewals for the 31st will be on the 30th this month.

-;-

But were you surprised there was nothing in the way of an announcement? Especially when you consider the number of sellers with much higher than they would routinely have live and that it is a challenge to save and rotate listings beyond 90 days. Not every seller sells in the limited available categories. Currently I have listings in approx. 30 eBay Categories.

-Lotz

PS. What do you mean for renewal. Aren't all BIN, GTC unless they are cancelled?

From Dot Com regarding Auction listings. Personally not applicable. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-Happened-To-The-Free-Auto-Relist-Up-To-8x-Box-For-My/m-p/...

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

PS. What do you mean for renewal. Aren't all BIN, GTC unless they are cancelled?

Yes they are gtc until cancelled but if a seller listed a bunch of listings on the 31st,  the renewal fee for those listings will be on Nov. 30.  So if you happened to list a bunch of listings on the 31st that when renewed will go over your limit, you will want to cancel them before the 30th.

I wasn't surprised there wasn't an announcement, they generally don't announce new promos or promos being cancelled.

Message 12 of 80
latest reply

Except those promos have been running for over 16 to  18 months. Common decency would be an official announcement instead of sellers having to guess.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

zw0306
Community Member

Yes I experienced it also.

I hope it is a mistake

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - no announced deprecation that I'm aware of. I've sent this up the flagpole and will report on what I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 80
latest reply

As some of you on this board know, I had MP back in March and lost it when my designation was changed from US to Canada. I then lost the ability to list and sell new items, and I changed my subscription from annual to monthly.

My question is, will my listings be taken off the 100K free listings before my monthly 1000 allowance? Should I cancel the monthy payment?

Message 16 of 80
latest reply

Are you saying that you still see the 100,000 free listings under promotional offers on your sellers hub?  The sellers here are saying that starting today they are no longer available.  Are are you referring to the 50,000 listings in specific categories that you get if you have a premium store?

Message 17 of 80
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

When the promo was running the 100k were used up first, then your store allowance.

Are you saying that you still have the 100k promo?

Message 19 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

... Sellers should check when their BIN listings are up for renewal -- as long as you end those listings before the renewal date (*) there will be no listing fee charged.

GTC just means the BIN listing is automatically renewed every month with a listing charge made against your "free" allowance or $$ charged against your account.  The GTC renewal for a listing is the day of the month it was originally listed on, except for the end of the month (when there is some last day rounding for short months).

-|-

Message 20 of 80
latest reply