2021 Postal Rates

Looks like some good news and some bad news if I am reading things right it looks like there will be no increase in Letter Mail Rates for Domestic or USA/International

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/doc/en/support/advanced_lm_pricesheet-e.pdf

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/doc/en/support/advanced_lp_pricesheet-e.pdf

Domestic parcel will increase by 3.9% and International by 1%

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/doc/en/business/2021-parcels-services-ooc.pdf

I have not been able to find the fan foldouts, that show Small Packet rates, if anyone has found those I'd appreciate a link. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

2021 Postal Rates

Thanks very much.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@38e_avenue wrote:

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

That really sucks both from the extra 5%ish it will cost plus because I'm a stamps on the package kinda guy, I now have to calculate the FS in on top too. (Plus no more MANUAL small packet forms either).... January is sure going to be an adjustment month for my processes....ALL of them worse/more work

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@ricarmic wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

That really sucks both from the extra 5%ish it will cost plus because I'm a stamps on the package kinda guy, I now have to calculate the FS in on top too. (Plus no more MANUAL small packet forms either).... January is sure going to be an adjustment month for my processes....ALL of them worse/more work

Being a stamp guy when processing a parcel will it just a matter of paying the clerk any difference owed and then sticking on a tracking label when applicable? Hopefully anything that uses the calculator will be updated to include any fuel tax etc as soon as it kicks in.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@38e_avenue wrote:

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

*sigh*

Another, lets-sneak-in-a-price increase without calling it a price increase.

The fuel surcharge is adjusted the first Monday of every month.

Until January 3 that would be 4.75% for the non-express rate.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=fuel_surcharges_on_m

-..-

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

Being a stamp guy when processing a parcel will it just a matter of paying the clerk any difference owed and then sticking on a tracking label when applicable? Hopefully anything that uses the calculator will be updated to include any fuel tax etc as soon as it kicks in.

-Lotz

The fuel surcharge changes each month so the amount of stamps required for each category will change each month now too.... I'll just keep a small monthly updated cheat sheet with the most used ones like the US 100g and US 250g instead of going to the "master tables" each time....  I'm more worried about the loss of the manual small packet form, it takes me about 3-5 minutes longer per package to create the online customs form x the number of small packets I create is a worry.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

Spoiler
Bump

For anyone who needs a reminder to update applicable listings.
Happy 2021!!! wine_glasswine_glasswine_glass

-Lotz
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

Thanks for the reminder.

I use the website and hand my few tracked packages over the counter, so this means I will not be much affected by the rate changes.

I hope....

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thanks for the reminder.

I use the website and hand my few tracked packages over the counter, so this means I will not be much affected by the rate changes.

I hope....

Curious to know if the various calculators(eBay, Shippo,Paypal) will have the updates for increases/fuel surcharges. As far as I know, fuel has never displayed in Shippo. Possibly (when applicable) its built in.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

Looks bad .....  scream

Image2.jpg

*sigh*

Another, lets-sneak-in-a-price increase without calling it a price increase.

The fuel surcharge is adjusted the first Monday of every month.

Until January 3 that would be 4.75% for the non-express rate.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=fuel_surcharges_on_m

On January 4 the rate will increase to 5.25% and will be applied to Small Packet January 16.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thanks for the reminder.

I hope....

Curious to know if the various calculators(eBay, Shippo,Paypal) will have the updates for increases/fuel surcharges. As far as I know, fuel has never displayed in Shippo. Possibly (when applicable) its built in.

-Lotz

I can confirm that PayPal does not. I have to pay MORE than what my buyer paid for shipping! EBay should update their calculation forms... it sucks! I am now forced to add a handling fee to each purchase to be sure not to loose more money. I guess I will have to mark an X on that last sale I just made... no profit on this one or barely anything.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

The new CP rates for Small Packet & Tracked Packet now available:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/CPprices-e.pdf

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

? I use calculated shipping on eBay.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@lady.stark wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thanks for the reminder.

I hope....

-Lotz

I can confirm that PayPal does not. I have to pay MORE than what my buyer paid for shipping! EBay should update their calculation forms... it sucks! I am now forced to add a handling fee to each purchase to be sure not to loose more money. I guess I will have to mark an X on that last sale I just made... no profit on this one or barely anything.

Processed a few over the past couple of days with Shippo. They seem to be in line with what Canada Post is displaying when I sign into my account.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

@lady.stark wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thanks for the reminder.

I hope....

-Lotz

Processed a few over the past couple of days with Shippo. They seem to be in line with what Canada Post is displaying when I sign into my account.

-Lotz

Rates and charges all in line with eBay Calculator and Canada/USA/International when processed through Shippo. Very small discount with Small Pkt Air to USA and Intl. Shipping was also accurate for a multiple unit sale.

-Lotz

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

I just realised that I did not understand the question correctly. Sorry... long day today. PayPal/Shippo have the exact Canada Post rates. It is eBay that does not.

USA buyer paid $9.48 for small packet and I had to pay $9.65 with the fuel surcharge with either PayPal/Shippo. So I decided to just ship my last order lettermail as it was possible - fortunately. I refunded the difference to the buyer.

Now I must revise all my listings to add a handling fee if I don't want to be forced to change my shipping method...

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

tyler@ebay 

Canada Post just started adding a fuel surcharge to small packet US and small packet international but the ebay calculator is not adding on that surcharge to either service.  So buyers are paying less than what sellers are being charged.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

2021 Postal Rates

tyler@ebay

Something else to draw to the attention of the softwear teams.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply