A different notification message

I just got a message from eBay about a confirmation sale. They usually say "Your eBay item sold", this message had a rectangular box at the begining, and then a message "Sale confirmation". Is this a new way of the messaging? I checked Paypal and the payment is there, so I guess it is okay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yep this has been the case on .COM at least for a couple weeks now.
The title also has a fancy little icon before it (a flying dollar bill), I guess they are trying to be modern.
I don't like it because it truncates the header in email now so I can't see the item number without opening the message. 😞

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yep this has been the case on .COM at least for a couple weeks now.
The title also has a fancy little icon before it (a flying dollar bill), I guess they are trying to be modern.
I don't like it because it truncates the header in email now so I can't see the item number without opening the message. 😞
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Interesting. I list on .com and the last 8 or 9 sales in the last 2 weeks were in the old format.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I went back and checked and sometime between 5:07 PM (old) and 9:45 PM (new) February 5th mine all switched to the new format.

As a note, my store is on .COM, I sell mostly on .COM but have sold some on .CA and all items have the new format since February 5th
Message 4 of 4
latest reply