Account Reviews

Seller performance reviews have been a healthy conversation & apart of selling on ebay.

The most recent changes, with mandatory account review on the 20th, are a change I welcome.
Safer buying space = More sales for sellers.
Expected holds on funds, especially before the end of the month.
Better rapport between Ebay & Sellers. 

But I'm curious to understand eBay flagging system, as I've personally been flagged on November 20th, December 6th, and December 15th of this month. 5-7 days reviews and funds on hold for 7-9 days +

Customer service cannot provide a specific answer on how to avoid these issues or what caused the account to be flagged. (Ebay CS is really helpful & have tried their best to find answers)
Could be the tracking number not updating through eBay, causing items to seem continually in transit. (When delivered.)
Could be a returns, I recently had a return where the buyer brought a noncompatible item, and accept the return in good faith.  Flagged the next day.
Could be lack of feedback, or customer comments on late shipping (BC Seller - Canada post has heavy delays)

Does anybody have the same or similar issues?
& any tips on how to avoid these reviews? 

Ebay selling is amazing & I'm proud to have started my first business with Ebay.
But it does cause a lot of stress to not have any feedback on how to improve or what I did incorrectly when reviews are created.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Account Reviews

The holds might be a result of some of the things you are identifying like returns and late shipping, if you have any acutal late shipping results. (comments from buyers don't count as anything unless they open cases, you don't have any neutral or negative feedbacks, but presumably feedback doesn't count against you anyway)

The place I would look is in your "performance" tab, if you go into it, are you showing as top rated?

Do you have defects or late shippings?

Defects and late shipping will for sure impact you, somewhat heavily because you sell a low volume of high value items, so it doesn't take much to give you a high relative rating, however they're supposed to offset that in these situations by requiring it to be from 5 different buyers etc before they take actual action, but I don't know what provokes the "bots" to do things like holds.

Your account isn't new, it doesn't look like you've just reinvigorated your store, so my own guess is that there's something in your performance results that is "on the edge" which is what is causing the frequent longer holds.

I don't have holds, but my account is ancient so I don't have relative experience to share in that regard.

Check out your performance results in the different domains (US, "Global" which is where Canada is) and see if you have any dings, if so that is probably what's causing it......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You sell a lot of higher priced items and there a lot of scams in that category so that could be why they are being cautious.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

About half your transactions seem to have garnered positive feedback, which is usually a good sign that your customer service is also good.

Are you buying your shipping labels through eBay and/or uploading the tracking numbers?

Forgetting to mark items shipped is an ongoing problem for me, especially since I don't use tracked services.

We can become Global TRS without using tracking.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

There are a lot of positive mentions of the FB reps, in terms of knowledge and helpfulness.

And you have a transcript for review, in case what they said is not what you think they said.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah,
Ive had the same idea and I've never had any bad disrupts or bad customers.

Almost at top seller, so hopefully I can build more trust with ebay.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes,

I do all my own purchasing of labels.
Mostly canada post and UPS

Always same day or next day to the post office, we'll below my handling time and always using expedited shipping and advertised "standard shipping"

Maybe ebay really like me 😅
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Checked my Performances.
Very close to top seller, with listing volume.

No defects, no late shipping,no bad disputes, no defects, 4 returns (4% return rate - mostly returns of items that aren't compatible)
All above standard.

All the reason in the email outlined are not applicable to recent or current transactions.

Hope they implement a feedback system for sellers to correct issues that caused flagging.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply