Adding Community to Shortcuts

I was late to the weekly chat so thought I would post this here.

I had the same problem with adding community to shortcuts but found this  worked.

Add your title, then add the URL in proper place.

The add button doesn't work - just hit your return key once and "Community" appears in the list of Shortcuts.  Now hit done.

I am on an imac with safari.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@lucitabby wrote:

I was late to the weekly chat so thought I would post this here.

I had the same problem with adding community to shortcuts but found this  worked.

Add your title, then add the URL in proper place.

The add button doesn't work - just hit your return key once and "Community" appears in the list of Shortcuts.  Now hit done.

I am on an imac with safari.

Finally, success! Your strategy worked with both Chrome and Edge. Thank you.

I'm certain I had previously tried the return (enter) key in lieu of a functioning "Add" button without success. Maybe I just missed the addition to the list on the first try.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I didn’t realize others were having trouble with this. The first thing I did with Seller Hub was to rearrange the modules and add useful links to Shortcuts. Community is/was the first.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I didn’t have a problem adding a shortcut on my pc with a Firefox browser but couldn’t do it on my iPad on Safari until I read your suggestion. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for cracking the code on this one @lucitabby!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

For a number of us the issue was that the link for Community was not at the bottom of ALL pages like it was in the past. And in specific it wasn't at the bottom of Sellers Hub and our Item Listings which, for most discussion group members, they are the pages we use the  most.

-CM

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I didn't have any problem adding it either with Firefox. It's the only browser I currently use, so I didn't realise some had problems. Glad it worked out!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I hear you on that @lotzofuniquegoodies, and I've gotten that input to the Seller Hub team for consideration in a future update.

In the mean time, getting a shortcut added to the Seller Hub Overview page is the quickest workaround for easy access. Or just typing out the url: community.ebay.ca in a new browser tab, that's what I do.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply