An FYI to Anyone Using Shippo & Canadapost

Just a little note to anyone using Shippo on a regular basis.

First time this has happened to me in 8 months of using Shippo. I accidentally typed typed in 23 cm x 19 cm x 8 cm when sending out a shipment recently. Appears this shipment was randomly audited by Canada Post. Received a bill today(7 days later) for 0.99 from Shippo for that shipment. (Will now be postponing early retirement  🙂  )After auditing new measurements were 23 cm x 19 cm x 8.5 cm(was not to 9 cm??) causing the additional charge . I'm always careful to measure once, enter amounts and then confirm and I always round up to the next number to be on the safe side. Whenever possible confirm your measurements prior to finalizing your postage. Not a large amount but with a major typo could change your postage substantially and difficult to contest a week or 2 later. This could  easily happen to anyone if you were rushing. And as far as anyone can tell tell if you were to overpay very unlikely you would ever see a credit. Shippo does not refund for Canadapost.

-CM

PS. Suggestion for Preview in Shippo before printing has not happened.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's not a random audit - they have lazier measuring devices at most major centers an if your box bulges in the middle past your measurement you will get charged - PayPal and Shippo. I measure mine exactly and throw an extra centimeter on one side - seems to work.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Item was processed in Calgary and delivered the next day in Rural Alberta. Would have had to have been audited in Calgary and package was not bowed. More than likely a data entry error on my part. Think it was a little petty for .5 cm's tho but it would make a difference with the new cubing factor. 

-CM

Message 3 of 3
latest reply