Are Sellers Lettermail Sales in Jeopardy?

Over 50% of my sales are sent CP lettermail within Canada. Over the past few weeks I've had a couple returned for "insufficient postage" due to exceeding dimensions. They were both barely over the 2cm thickness limit (maybe 2.2 -2.4cm) so they were definitely physically measured upon arrival in the destination post office. Both going to smaller towns out east (I'm in BC).

I've heard from a couple of sellers that they're cracking down at the moment, and a letter has gone out to various post offices about returning lettermail that exceeds dimensions. Of course, this is nothing new - but this zero tolerance measure appears to be a Nationwide blitz. It could kill my business if it's that widespread! Granted, most of my items are fine, but not all- and all it takes is a handful of returns to get a bunch of negative feedback.

Another seller told me Canada Post does this regularly, every so often, but they can't keep it up permanently. And certainly not during the holiday months.

Has anyone else experienced more returns for lettermail lately?
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Are Sellers Lettermail Sales in Jeopardy?

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Those don't come up very often, probably because they either weigh over 500gr or just the boards make the book too thick.

Also although I happily mail paperbacks in a poly envelope, for hardbacks I prefer to use either a bubble envelope or a box, and again the thickness is too much.

On result is that I list very few hardbacks and sell even fewer.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply