Auto Offer Listing Conversions & Auto Acceptance

Community Member

No direct email to customer service so just wanted to post my complaint here.

Thank you eBay for this total underhanded cash grab! - you are truly pathetic. Read on...

This is the stupidest thing I have ever encountered - or that eBay has done in the 12 years I have been using it.

If I draft an item listing and put a fixed price on it, why would I want eBay to flip the listing over to permit 50% listing value offers then auto accept them???

What a stupid cash grab on your part!

If I can not opt out of this feature perminently I will no longer sell with eBay. Period.

Who wants to go back in constantly and modify all their listings or possibly get screwed out of half the value (that they set themselves) and automatically put some money into the pocket of eBay!?

eBay Customer Service - What do you have to say about this or should I just cancel all my ads and find a new reputable service to post my items?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@578739 wrote:
... If I draft an item listing and put a fixed price on it, why would I want eBay to flip the listing over to permit 50% listing value offers then auto accept them???

If you are using the simplified listing form (which I have never used but I wouldn't be surprised at stupidities) -- switch to the advanced form (simplified has a link near the top to switchover).

With the advanced listing form the only time auto accept of an offer is ever turned on is if the SELLER has specified a dollar value that is acceptable.

eBay does seem to like adding offer to some listings, but the SELLER is allowed to IGNORE any offers they get for the item.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Go to each of your 12 listings.

Click on Revise at the top left.

Review the listing-- you can access the easier Advanced Sell Your Item form at the top right  of the overSimplified form.

Change any parts you want, including removing Best Offer and auto-accept.

• You might want to redo some of your titles while you're at it. For example you have a Regulator with a parts number , but don't have "Mercedes" in the title, which would be a Searched term.
  • And Item Specifics are also used, less by buyers than by search engines like google.

I recently had a run-in with the stupid default Simplified form and yes, the Best Offer is part of the default.

This helps.

Voo doo doll.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply