Broken add tracking number feature

The tracking number feature is broken since a few months. I reported it, but apparently no one cared to fix it. Here is the problem: yesterday, I sold 5 items to one buyer, all items were shipped together, so there is one tracking number only.  The tracking works on the first item only. Doesn't update on the items 2-5. However, all of them work on CP/USPS websites. It will result in 4 defects for "tracking not validated". Any suggestion? I tried everything, removed and uploaded again to every item separately, as both - CP and USPS  - no difference at all, always the same result. Here a screenshot of what will happen next: 

Image3.jpg

The info is false - if I click on every tracking separately, it shows updates on CP/USPS websites. However, on Ebay website is marked as "no carrier scan", except for the first item. I am still above the required 95% validation, but if this error starts to accumulate, I will finally loose my TR Plus status and all associated privilegies. 

This started with the introduction of the discounted Tracked Packet. There is no problem with ChitChats multi-tracking. Unfortunately, my ChitChats branch closed for Xmas/New Year, so I was forced to use CP.  

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Broken add tracking number feature

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Darn I guess I was typing too slow.  I was hoping you would try the bulk shipping so we could see if it worked for sure.

well .... not too late!!! Just got another similar 2-item order, paid separately 😉

Will let you know, if it worked! 

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Darn I guess I was typing too slow.  I was hoping you would try the bulk shipping so we could see if it worked for sure.

OMG!!!! It seems to work!!!!!!!! The order has combined!!!!! I was still not able to print the label, because the system asked to print 10 labels for all orders not yet shipped. I will manage to "ship" other orders, and then I will try again! THANKS!!! 😄  Will come back with the results!!! 

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Please read my post again, I did not say you only had 15 transactions in a year. The 15 transactions is under tracking uploaded on time..... and that number has always been for 3 months.   If you go on .com, click on performance, seller level and click on tracking uploaded.....and scroll down. It shows you the 3 month time period they are using. Right now it is Oct 1-Dec 31 .   Nothing is disappearing, you're just thinking it is a different time frame. 

You said that the 73 sales are incorrect as well.    That number is only for sales to US buyers for the year and has nothing to do with tracked or untracked sales.  It it will always be different than the numbers on .ca.  

Not true. In the past when I checked by month for the year total transaction that number matched the other combined total for the year. Small packet Air was always included in that number for both USA and Global. 

-Lotz

For global I show 108 with 67 tracking uploaded on the time. The difference would be anything sent letter or pick ups. I am seeing now that it is applied to 3 months. Just was saying in the past (pre tracked discount promo) the total number included small packet air) Now those numbers are MIA

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

They would have to exist in order to be MIA.  The TP special rates started in September. The uploaded tracking rates on .com is reading from Oct 1 so its very unlikely that you have purchased any small packet labels since Oct 1. So they aren't missing from your uploaded tracking metrics.  

If you are saying they are missing from the sales and transactions numbers, I don't think you're correct.   Those are simply sales and transaction numbers, thats all.

Our US sales and Global sales are not combined on sellers hub and haven't been for a few years. They were combined in Selling Manager and used to be  combined when figuring out our Powerseller status but its been quite a while since I've seen them combined.

Anyway, sorry @38e_avenue for going way off topic.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

It WORKED!!!! 2 orders combined, 1 shipping label printed, containing both orders, tracking uploaded correctly. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Awesome! I'm so glad that it worked.

Happy New Year!

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Thank you all for your advice! Seller Central Rules! 😉

2024.jpg 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I believe if not mistaken that you can turn off the forced payment thing

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

At the very bottom you can unckeck the box that says "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer." thus you can send invoices after accepting multiple offers, and never need to refund again lol. I have mine off and no one is forced to pay that I am aware of as I often have items sitting in unpaid as buyers continue to shop

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

At the very bottom you can unckeck the box that says "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer." thus you can send invoices after accepting multiple offers, and never need to refund again lol. I have mine off and no one is forced to pay that I am aware of as I often have items sitting in unpaid as buyers continue to shop

Thank you for your suggestion. Mine was checked, so I unchecked it immediately. However, not sure, if it applies to offers (according to the description, it definitely should). Let us try!  

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

It really works!!!  I got a late offer - 12 hours after the first purchase was made and paid (but not yet shipped). I accepted it and the buyer was not charged! I sent him an invoice without the shipping charge - both of us  happy, me and the buyer! Thank you again for your advice! The refunding, then sending explanations and apologies, was really very annoying. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

It really works!!!  I got a late offer - 12 hours after the first purchase was made and paid (but not yet shipped). I accepted it and the buyer was not charged! I sent him an invoice without the shipping charge - both of us  happy, me and the buyer! Thank you again for your advice! The refunding, then sending explanations and apologies, was really very annoying. 

Glad I could help 🙂

As a sports cards seller, i get lots of combined orders for upwards of 10-15 items so, immediate payment is a turn off for many buyers who want combined shipping! Totally get the annoying back and forth messaging and refunding lol!

Message 31 of 31
latest reply