Buyer asked for no feedback ?

I know someone in here had this happen to them before...

I usually send quick positive feedback for instant payers and normally issued feedback after I have received slow payers.

So..after I left feedback for this power seller he instantly sent me a message saying don't leave me feedback.

I've been an E-bay member for almost 10 years and I have never seen that.

Through me off - I just found it kind of rude

Maybe I'm just too Canadian...lol

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

He doesn't want his wife to know what he bought her for Christmas?

Or he doesn't want his wife to know what he bought himself for Christmas.

Too late to do anything about it now.

He should have an account that only he knows the ID and password for, if he wants to be private. If he wants real privacy, it should not share a Paypal account with his known account.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I have never heard of this on eBay but it's not unheard of on other auction sites. Usually these people don't want others to be able to see what they bought, hence they didn't want feedbacks. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I wonder if the kids did the purchase?Not your fault for doing the right procedure..
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info - I just found it rather weird...I'm thinking your probably right, this seller might be reselling.

I just want to shower people with kindness...tough love

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I ran into this before with a regular customer who admitted she didn't want feedback for her husband to see her purchases. Eventually she ran into trouble and couldn't pay for a large order and I had to block her.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Sorry to hear about that Joe ... I had to block a couple non-payers in the last week ... hurts when they tie up stuff ... or in your case leash up stuff.

Man that was bad ... I had to though Robot Happy

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

LOL!  Yes I'm sure there are lots of online shoppers who get into a bad habit and buy more than they can afford shopping online or use it as entertainment when they're bored.  This particular customer emailed me wanting to work out a monthly payment plan by installments whenever she had extra money.  Not something I want to get into doing!  I think that a percentage of the unpaid item cases sellers have to open could be due to people overspending.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I have a Buyer who is also a Seller. He did  not want any Feed Back at all as he says he does not want CRA to find out what he is selling or buying. I told him that E-Bay sends  in any Sellers name to CRA who is doing over 20 Thousand  in sales and I have not heard from him in a long while and he has stopped selling or moved to another name

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

If someone is using the same id to buy and re-sell FB for purchased items might hinder re-sale value.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

"eBay sends  in any Sellers name to CRA who is doing over 20 Thousand  in sales"

Actually, eBay went to court trying to protect PowerSellers volume information and lost.  Canadian courts ordered eBay to release all required information.  The order at the time applied to all Canadian PowerSellers and any other sellers when requested by CRA.

A PowerSeller requirement in Canada is only $1,000 in annual sales, etc...  While there is no public information as to what exactly is released by eBay to CRA, anyone buying and reselling for profit would be a fool trying to hide the information from CRA.

In addition to eBay, CRA has access to information from PayPal.  While the IRS in the USA has a formal arrangement with PayPal (that may be where the $20,000 comes from), whatever arrangement exists in Canada with CRA has not been made public.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The CRA gets information for all eBay sellers that sell more than $20,000 each year...This total does not include shipping.

This total was upgraded from $1000  per month to $20,000 annual sales  a few years back... Most likely too many sellers for CRA to deal with at $1,000 sales per month

The Paypal number that the US IRA gets from Paypal includes shipping,  and that value is $20,000... This came well after the CRA-eBay relationship was established...

Also... 2013 was the first year those of us with a website or a store on eBay or elsewhere, had to provide a link/address  to our selling venue on the internet.

I know of a few sellers that work to stay under the radar of CRA....   There  will always be a big underground economy....  with no income reported  and no tax paid....

It is getting more difficult to hide ... with each passing year....

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If the buyer pays promptly it's their right or option to ask for no feedback as long as they contact us to do so before the auction ends, or ahead of time on a BIN it's not complicated. As usual we like to split hair's and go completely off topic, really.

Yes we know we have to pay taxes just like we have to pay the parking meter, really it's like a broken scratched record on repeat loop.Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

A buyer-seller will usually have two eBay IDs.

One for selling and one for buying....  There is no way for someone to connect what this person buys on eBay with what is bought on eBay... and then sold on eBay....  

known as ... arbitrage.

And some might even have a third ID....  for posting on discussion boards...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply