Buyer lying about not receiving parcel?

Hi Folks,

First and foremost happy New Year. This definitely isn't how I wanted my New Year to start..

I'll try and explain this in as much detail as I can. Basically, I sold a watch for $600 a month ago. It was shipped internationally from Canada. I marked the item, "as shipped" on eBay and messaged the buyer that the item is on the way but I was not able to get a tracking number as they didn't provide any tracking number at the post office. The buyer was very appreciative still and thanked me for the quick service. 

Now, all of a sudden after owning the watch for several weeks, the buyer opened a case on PayPal saying they haven't heard anything from me about the watch and it hasn't arrived. Here is the thing: The buyer, (1 week after I shipped the watch) wrote in eBay messages that they received it and EVEN attached a picture of them wearing it.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions here as to what I can do. This has never happened to me and is really a shame that there are such people in this world that will burn money from other hard working folks over the internet.

I have proof of payment that I sent the parcel, (a physical receipt with the date/amount paid for the parcel).

I have proof of the eBay messages and conversation about them receiving the item already.

I honestly don't know what else to say, I am speechless right now. Appreciate any help, thank you.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Buyer lying about not receiving parcel?

@i.am.vivian wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

It should really not be necessary to explain why these were unkind to the OP, even cruel.  

Oh my, I don't understand this. I thought everyone was kindly offering genuine and honest assistance. Your suggestion that others 'lack courtesy and consideration' and are 'not treating others with respect', seems itself palpably 'disparaging' when clearly each member demonstrates their altruistic sensitivity, in varying ways, certainly, but always artlessly unaffected and from the heart. Naturally if you choose to project your own perceptions on to the words and minds of others there seems little anyone can do to sway you in any other direction.

I don't think it's fair to say others here were being 'unkind' or 'cruel'. As it is only you who claims to see 'cruelty' in other members' good-natured and sincere responses, then yes, it is necessary for you to try to explain it. It is woefully hurtful to persist in so wrongfully accusing other members to the point of evident persecution, when even the frankest speaker is patently supportive of the OP and manifestly benignly compassionate toward the foibles of others. We've all been there so we empathize completely.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on this, because I find I am always able to see the goodness and warmth that each member intended no matter how candidly they express their views. What I see from the wonderful members here is a lot of friendly, decent, helpful and kind-hearted generosity, earnestly focused on the issue at hand, plainly spoken or not.

Surely your post is in jest!  I came late to this thread but even before I read rose-dee's response, I was thinking the same things she expressed.   

If you think the following comments are helpful, sincere and sympathetic, then you need to give your head a shake.  These comments, while perhaps well-intentioned, are the equivalent of kicking a person when they're down.  The OP was upset enough without people calling her a fool.

• What were you thinking sending an item without tracking?
  • I don't suppose you bought insurance. Thought you'd save on that too, did you?
  • The watch and the money are both gone now. How did you manage to fall for that one? The sunglasses and the kite will have the same fate.
  • Are you kidding that you shipped a $600 item WITHOUT a tracking number??!! It is a stupid thing to do it.

And, again, seriously!!  Your post has to be a joke.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Further hostile comments and interpersonal disputes will result in this thread being locked.
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

jt-libra wrote:

Surely your post is in jest! 

you need to give your head a shake.  

again, seriously!!  Your post has to be a joke.

Well, the hypocritical irony here is certainly amusing.  

Clearly we are very different.

I always see the goodness in people. I value integrity and sincerity above disingenuous prose. I can see past a few plainly spoken words to the kind-hearted decency within. For me, seeing the warmth and humanity in others is effortless.

That's just me.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't leave the post office without a tracking number, insist seeing the manager for that.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

This thread is being locked.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply