CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

So there I was trying to find a HS Code for an international postage label and this is what I got....

Were we warned about this? How long is it supposed to last?? It says "extended" outage on twitter. I guess we wait. No ETA.

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 1.44.29 PM.jpg

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

they may have taken the pick up request, but are they are doing pick ups on Good Friday?

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

@hoppy24 wrote:

they may have taken the pick up request, but are they are doing pick ups on Good Friday?

Good question. 😉

They do exclusively in Quebec, because we do not have a holiday here - we work hard on Friday! 😉

Here the confirmation I just got: 

Numéro de demande de ramassage: xxxxxx
État actuel: Assigné

(Friday, 4 PM)

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Good Friday and Easter Monday are Canada Post holidays... National Holidays...

Here is a link for 2015 holidays.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=find_out_operating_h&cattype=kb&cat=sending...

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Postal outlets...  those that are not manned by Canada Post employees are open on Saturday and Monday...

But there will be no Canada Post pick up at postal outlets until Tuesday April 7.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

We are not talking here about outlets. Canada Post pick-up means they come to customer's home and pick-up the stuff. My pick-up for this Friday has been confirmed.   

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

I was checking a rate on the new website using the CP Find-A-Rate page from a location in Canada to another location in Canada. Works fine to give me Regular Parcel rate but where is the link to show Venture One saving and Expedited Parcel within Canada rate that was so obvious on the old page?

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

AN UPDATE. You will not believe: CP accepted my order for Friday, sent a confirmation, charged my credit card accordingly, and finally DID NOT COME TO PICK-UP my stuff. 

I did try to call the Venture One support - they are - of course - CLOSED.

I AM SHOCKED!!!!!!  Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

pocomocomputing wrote:

I was checking a rate on the new website using the CP Find-A-Rate page from a location in Canada to another location in Canada. Works fine to give me Regular Parcel rate but where is the link to show Venture One saving and Expedited Parcel within Canada rate that was so obvious on the old page?

Poco,

I had the same experience on April 2 - no Expedited Parcel rate to Canada. So I phoned the Venture One office and spoke to a nice, very polite lady, who admitted that they were experiencing problems with the new website [no kidding] but were working hard to resolve them. 

It's now April 5 and I still don't see a domestic Expedited Parcel rate shown. I had asked the Venture One Nice Lady if I could get the Venture One Expedited Parcel rate by signing in (top right corner), as I'm a Venture One cardholder. She said I needed, besides my Venture One account number, a user ID and password. I don't have these but can get them by registering with CP. I haven't done so yet. It would be interesting to hear from someone who's tried successfully to determine Venture One rates on the new website.

I am less than impressed with the competence of the CP staff responsible for digital delivery of services. I remember some years ago trying to convince one of their managers (no longer with them) that, in order to ensure an accurate rate, the item weight must be entered to three decimal places and that the examples of data entry that CP gave could mislead. For example: "for 10.5 kg, enter 10.5". The CP rate calculator takes that to be 10.500 kg. It's highly unlikely an item weighs exactly 10.500 kg and if the limit for a particular weight step is 10.500 kg and the actual weight of the item is 10.501 kg, the calculated rate for that item will be incorrect. I couldn't get through to him and gave up. I see the new website carries on with the same misleading instructions.

Tom

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Tom, I have a Venture One card and a Venture One account online with userid and password. I thought I might need to login to see the Expedited Parcel rate for Canada shipping with this current problem (never had to before).

Alas, I cannot log in with that userid and password. I try the password recovery and the userid recovery on the login page and it says an email has been sent to my associated email address but nothing arrives in my email.

Another CP glitch with the login? Another with the bad email recovery? I need to call but I doubt anything will be done in real time.

Can anyone login to the CP site that have a venture one Account?

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Look for the red Feedback tabs on the right side of the computer screen...

and send them appropriate feedback.

The more the better.....

Message 30 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

I have venture one and was able to log into the CP site but haven't figured out a way to see the expedited rate. I usually just look at the regular parcel rate and assume that the expedited base rate will be close to that....before the paypal discount of course.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

The cost of Regular Parcel is equal to the Expedited Parcel rate.

The difference is that cost of      Expedited parcel includes$100 insurance... Additional insurance is required for items valued at more than $100

Regular parcel does not. have any level of baseline insurance....  Insurance is extra for any value over $0.00

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Anonymous
Not applicable

The so-called "new and improved website" by Canada Post really SUCK in a big way!!

There is no where I can click for "Support" to develop a ticket for a lost parcel on this "new and improved website".   I spend a waste of time like over an hour trying to find it.  Anyone knew where I can click it?

The old format was so easy to follow and now with this so-called "new & improved website", it is so hard!!  I think it is their intention to avoid for us to file claims for lost parcels, late delivery, etc.  It just discourage us that way.  I am NOT interesting having to call them to file a claim when we can do online like always!  Thanks.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Do a search on Google.

Start with .....Canada Post .....and then add keywords..

Found this to be helpful.... several times...sometimes...

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still I prefer to have the old format back where I can use "My eBay" account and check the sold items and check the tracking information and click "support" on above and process, not the other way like this insane idiot new format which is tooooooo complicated and waste of time searching.

I plan to talk to a representative that I work with and see what she respond about this insane idiot new format.

It seems that it is a trend that so many people think they can "fix" them when in fact they are not broken in the first place.  Obviously they have too much time on their hands, they could at least work on other things that need fixing like to make sure that all of our listings reach to many buyers, etc.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply