COMBINED SHIPPING

Hello.  I most recently created an eBay store.  I am having great difficulty understanding how to apply combined shipping to 'buy it now' listed items.  With auction items the buyer always has the option to request an updated invoice, but this does not appear to be an option for buy it now.  I have had a number of customers purchase more than one item and they are charged shipping for each item which is ridiculious. In each instance I have had to issue a refund for the over charged shipping.  I sell stamps for collectors, so in most instances even if they purchase 10 items there is no significant increase in shipping costs.  I fell that I have missed some critical step.  Any advice will be most appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

COMBINED SHIPPING

Yes I remember the good old "Commit to Buy", there were a lot less problems back then (in my opinion), there would be the occassional person not pay but it was few and far between. A lot less shippingquestions for sure!

I love the Request Total button, I use it all the time with my auctions and just wish it could be used regardless (at least as an option for Seller to set or not). I have a small shipping scale and I use it often and fiddle with box sizes and materials to try and get best price, espeically when people have purchased several items. Sometimes the pre-paid boxes are better, sometimes not. It would be easier to work around the many possibilities/combinations if everyone could request the total if need be. But we all have our wish lists!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

Ha ha, Now I get it. You're a sellers wolf in sheep's clothing (Barbie clothing actually). When I had the music store my kids would nap in the guitar studios so I know about regaining your independance.   They're on their own now so I've gone back to dickering with musicians. You're right it can be fun. 

Especially when eBay isn't acting like a pinball machine and tilting all the time. ..

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering why you were concerned about combining shipments with 6 listings.. LOL

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

@msau4301 wrote:

I do know and love that ka-ching sound! Before it would only go off when something sold, now it goes off when something is sold AND when something is paid for. Sometimes I think I should amp things up, other times I think what's the hurry!

I hate that double ka-ching. I wish eBay had a setting to let us customize the sounds and when they happen. It shouldn't be hard to add to the app. I'd also like it to work for multiple stores. Ahhhh ... wish list.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

"I hate that double ka-ching. "

"Hate" is a pretty strong word for a sale notification.

Maybe you could request a toilet flush for the Unpaid Item notification.  

;>}

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

@intimewithmusic wrote:

"I hate that double ka-ching. "

"Hate" is a pretty strong word for a sale notification.

Maybe you could request a toilet flush for the Unpaid Item notification.  

;>}

Fair point! I feel like the first ka-ching is like the teacher's pet that always has their hand up to answer a question before the teacher asks it. The second ka-ching is the one that correctly answers the question!

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

Ha ha...

The one I don't like is the "MockChing". That's when the exact same sound happens on YouTube or the radio and you run around looking for your cell phone to see what sold...

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

COMBINED SHIPPING

Lol so I'm not the only one thinking I sold something while listening to the radio!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply