CP Processing error, Possible delay = Possible negative feedback...

For the second time of writing this as I lost the page, and all my 30 minutes of typing. sob The first version was longer and better, lol.

So just about a few weeks ago my father sold something on his eBay account. We packaged it up and shipped it away. I have been checking the tracking to see where it was. 10 days ago I checked it and it was re-routed. I thought "Okay, no big deal". It was in Montreal QC, then to Drummondville QC, and re-routed back to Montreal. Well... its hasn't moved since! That was 10 days ago! It's been saying "Item processed", but not "In transit". What the heck is going on?? It was supposed to be delivered today but it hasn't. It is SUPPOSED to be going to Kamloops BC. 

A few days ago I sent the buyer this message:

"Hello.
There has been a processing error with the [ITEM] while in transit, therefore, there may be a small delay in shipping. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now I better not get negative feedback because of this! I'm not paying for CP's mistakes! I will understand if the buyer wants a refund for shipping, but CP better refund it!

Here is the tracking info:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?trackingNumber=0123048000132...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

When you create a Solutions for Small Business account, you are automatically mailed a card or even two for that account. It comes via regular lettermail from Canada Post and takes three to six weeks on average. 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Also, you mentioned earlier in the thread that you don't use Shippo and just mail at the counter? Use Shippo. It offers less costly postage than a simple SfSB account Level One discount. There are additional discounts for ebay orders when postage is purchased and printed via Shippo.  And it allows the seller to accrue their postal spending to hit new savings level with that SfSM account, I'm at Level 2 savings with CPC now through Shippo. This gives me a competitive advantage. 

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Yea but I can't create a Solutions for Small Business account because it will just reload the page when I try. I have a regular account but not Solutions for Small Business account. I'll try closing my account and create a Solutions for Small Business account.
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

The only thing about doing it with shippo is it takes ink to print the lables and ink cost money (even though for the small amount it's not much). Plus, I'd rather let the PO do it. I just find that easier. Just my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

Oh oh oh!! I know! Okay, so I deleted my other account and recreated it, I chose Small Business, I remember last time I selected Personal. Now it's asking how many cards I want. I got it figured out now. Thanks for all your help, and sorry to be a pain in the rear lol.
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Now I don't know what to put for business name and job title.

Can you add another phone number later?

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@foulger_tyson wrote:

Now I don't know what to put for business name and job title.

Can you add another phone number later?

Just use your own name for the business name and I believe you can skip the job title (or you could put owner or president I guess!)

Not sure about the phone number.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

There is already a spot for my name, so cant put that.
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I used my name in both places.
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

You could also use your eBay ID as the business name, it’s not a stretch.
Message 30 of 37
latest reply

@foulger_tyson wrote:

The only thing about doing it with shippo is it takes ink to print the labels and ink cost money (even though for the small amount it's not much). Plus, I'd rather let the PO do it. I just find that easier. Just my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion.

Each time you use Shippo, you save compared to paying at the counter at the Post Office. Much more than the cost of the ink it would use to print the one label. After a few shipments, the savings will pay for the ink cartridge and eventually a printer.

As the old British sayings goes "Penny wise, pound foolish".

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Yes. With my old inkjet, I found that a ‘fast draft - black and white’ setting did an adequately legible job with a usable barcode. (I always checked whether the barcode was readable using the Canada Post app for mobile devices.) Faster, less ink on the draft B&W setting than regular. I’d print a hundred labels on this setting between cartridges and others at my home used the printer for their own purposes too. The black and white laser printer that we have now is even more efficient than the inkjet.

Plus there is the matter of the Level
2 savings plus Shippo discount that makes purchasing a postage label that much less costly than the counter every time. On certain domestic services it may only be $2 or $3 less or so but with Tracked Packet the difference might be $10 per label less costly by using the extra Shippo/eBay discount versus postage counter price. Those savings are passed on to the buyer. If I can charge less for postage, they pay less and the total price looks that much more attractive.
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

So now it wont let me continue from this page.

Untitled.png

Also, notice on the bottom of the CP website it says © 2017? It's now 2018! Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Keep getting this error message too.

Untitled.png

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Try calling Canada Post Customer Service as they can probably fix in seven to ten minutes what you've spent hours at with futility. 

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

HA I guess we went off topic.

I just sent the seller this message:

"Hello.

I am glad to see from the tracking information that the [ITEM] has been delivered. I am very sorry for the extended shipping time due to processing error with Canada Post while in transit and I want to thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me and I will do my best to solve the problem ASAP.

Thank you, and have a nice day!"

Hope they understand and don't leave negative feedback.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

I shouldn't think the buyer would hold you accountable for the carrier problem, but people can sometimes be unpredictable. That being said, in the unlikely event you were to receive negative feedback over this, you could attempt to appeal it. It may not have grounds but it doesn't hurt to try. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply