Can't revise listing to zero items!

dhslk
Community Member

For the last few hours, I haven't been able to revise listings to show zero quantity available.  I need to zero a few items while I check stock, due to sales elsewhere. HELP! Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Can't revise listing to zero items!

mcrlmn
Community Member

Nope, can't have listings without stock.

End the listing(s), and relist when you have stock.

Or get 'er in gear checking before someone buys something you don't have to sell.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I think you may be able to do it using the "out of stock" option.  I have that on all my listings and it goes to zero when someone purchases it and if I don't have any more stock.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You can turn your out of stock option as @musicyouneed suggested and then you will be able change the quantity to O.

https://www.ebay.ca/uas/selling-pref

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This is absolutely untrue. I restock listings all the time. (21 year seller here).

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Maybe my out of stock option was turned off by ebay? I will try this. I literally change quantities to 0 at least once every few weeks, usually to double check stock numbers after selling an item elsewhere.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I can't find the 'out of stock' option anywhere. Can you please help me find it? All that I can think of is that some technical issue yesterday turned off that option for me. I was able to zero quantities yesterday morning, but not yesterday afternoon or now.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I followed the link and, YES, my out of stock option is still selected, so I don't know what to do.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Apparently, it's a 'known technical issue', which is ebay-speak for we broke it and will probably never get around to fixing it.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@dhslk 

Well,  I have found that cs will say that whether or not it is a known issue but they could be right.  In sellers hub I just changed an item I had 4 of to 0 and it worked.   It took a few minutes to disappear from my 'see other items' but it's gone now.  What was happening when you tried to do it?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Good for you. Why are you asking?

I worked for Safeway for 44 years, and you're bragging about 21 years on eBay? Woop!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Edit: @dhslk I have just selected two of my listings and did a bulk edit and changed the quantity to 0 there and it worked!

----------------------------------

@dhslk have you figured this out? It has happened to us as well. 

We have always been able to revise our quantity to 0, but today I tried putting 0 in and it reverted back to a quantity of 1. 

Any advise on how to fix this? 4 people from Ebay support were not able to figure out why this was happening, but acknowledged that it was an issue. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Did you try changing it to 0 from sellers hub? That worked for me.

Which browser are you using, I use Firefox.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply