Can't send buyer invoice: Authenticity Guarantee Program

I went to send an invoice to my customer (accepted a Best Offer) for a pair of shoes, but upon trying several times I get the following message popping up "Item(s) that are part of the Authenticity Guarantee Program have been removed. Invoice(s) for these items must be sent separately"

It's the only item in the transaction, I assume the AGP isn't an opt in as I never selected it. What are my options? I messaged the customer they may have to use "Request total" thinking that might help/work but haven't heard back.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't send buyer invoice: Authenticity Guarantee Program

Why do you need to send an invoice? If the offer has been accepted eBay will have already provided the buyer with the total amount due.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Why do you need to send an invoice? If the offer has been accepted eBay will have already provided the buyer with the total amount due.

@recped 

@emilyandpamela 

In days of old a seller could include a note when sending an invoice. Revised or otherwise. That is no longer an option. In checking my own settings even "communication with buyers" has been deactivated. You get the dreaded "We Looked Everywhere" message. Selling preferences has a reduced list of available options. In this situation the seller may want to lower shipping as a possibility. Easier to do it that way than the annoyance of sending a refund after the fact.

-Lotz

PS. A personal note can ONLY be sent when the option to send a revised invoice is available. If the buyer is in the process of completing payment that option poofs into the night. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It's not necessary to send an invoice as the seller will already have a total. Plus, it isn't a good idea to send an invoice if you don't need to especially if you are using calculated shipping as that locks in that shipping cost.  For example, the ebayer's default address may be in the next province to you so the invoice will show shipping to that location. But if the buyer changes their location when they pay, the shipping will not change IF when you send an invoice. 

Certain products that qualify are put into the  Authenticity Guarantee program automatically, it isn't an option that the seller can decided whether or not to use it. 

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&query=...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What is the reason you want to send an invoice for? The buyer should be able to checkout manually. 

If it is an Authenticity Guarantee item, eBay covers the cost of shipping from the AG facility to the customer. Whatever shipping cost you originally charged on the listing is meant to cover the cost of the item shipping from you to the AG facility, not from you to the customer.

If they need an invoice for tax purposes (which is something different), they should be able to find it in their purchase history after paying. 

If they are in a country that you originally had blocked, you may have to cancel the order due to problem with address and re-list it with a modified shipping policy that includes their country. That's just a guess. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"If they are in a country that you originally had blocked, you may have to cancel the order due to problem with address and re-list it with a modified shipping policy that includes their country. That's just a guess"

----

AG sneakers listed on .ca can only ship to Canada and the United States. If a buyer from another country purchases them and the seller does ship there, they wouldn't go through AG.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply