Canad Post 2019 holiday deadlines

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Canad Post 2019 holiday deadlines

I think mailing a Priority on December 23rd and expecting next day delivery is overly optimistic. 

I wouldn't recommend leaving it that late.   

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Love this @ypdc_dennis - thanks for pulling that info!

I'm going to pin it to Seller Central for the next bit to hopefully raise awareness in case people need a quick reference. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for posting!

Every year I've had listings around Xmas time, I've shut 'er down and ended every listing by early to mid-Dec.  I guess to avoid negative feedback due to Xmas presents not arriving on time.

I don't think I can afford to do that this year - I have too many listings, and kind of want to keep them running.

I thought about messaging all my buyers to warn them before accepting an offer and/or shipping anything out, but that doesn't save me from a  potential neg.

I'm curious what everyone else does with their listings when the shipping deadlines have been reached?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm curious what everyone else does with their listings when the shipping deadlines have been reached?

I keep selling. When I send my 'your item has been shipped and it will arrive in approximately...' message, I do mention that the CP deadline has passed so I can't guarantee that the item will be there before Christmas.  Most people have responded in the past that they realized they had ordered late or that the item wasn't a Christmas gift anyway.  I've had the odd late shipment ding for parcels that got held up near the end of December but other than that, things have worked out fine.

There have been times around Christmas when I've been absolutely amazed at how quickly a package arrived...much quicker than I had predicted!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I will keep selling. But I'm not playing this game, unless buyer will pay for guarantee delivery.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I am going away for christmas cruise again this year leaving on the 18th coming back on the 4th.  I put my store on vacation mode and still remain visible for people to buy.  I also put my handling time for 15 days.  Last year did the same thing and sold 27 CD's while I was away.  I emailed everyone if I had a chance reminding them that I was away and they would not get the item until mid Jan.  They were all OK with that.   I am also going away in March for a 48 day cruise so then definitely I will be hiding my listings. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@musicyouneed 

In doing a completely random search I located a discussion you started several years ago. Still a very fitting ponder!!! 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Do-you-have-a-life-outside-of-ebay/m-p/320587

Congrats on your upcoming cruise. Enjoy your relax time and all the best!! Have some for the other souls glued to their eBay accounts sleeping waiting for the next sale to arrive.  🙂

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@musicyouneed 

In doing a completely random search I located a discussion you started several years ago. Still a very fitting ponder!!! 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Do-you-have-a-life-outside-of-ebay/m-p/320587

Congrats on your upcoming cruise. Enjoy your relax time and all the best!! Have some for the other souls glued to their eBay accounts sleeping waiting for the next sale to arrive.  🙂

-Lotz

Thanks for sharing that old thread.  That was a time when I was really busy, now, not so much, down 50 to 70%.  So I now have time to do other things such as go cruising.  In 2015 I wouldn't go away because I would miss all the sales, now they are so few and far between, I am not missing much. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Nope - I am going to shut 'er down on the 10th just like I do every year. I can't stand the whining cause people don't believe I can't get them a radio to Texas or Florida in 4 days.

And then there is the returns. The Xmas Holidays are the only time of year I ever get returns.

I'll reopen in the New Year - to many other things to keep me occupied anyway.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I am going away for christmas cruise again this year leaving on the 18th coming back on the 4th.  

Enjoy your cruise! Just don't eat too much. I just came back from a cruise vacation and gained so much weight... and my liver bloodwork is wacky... cry

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Lol. I don’t need a cruise to gain weight! Christmas season is here with all the goodies. Sigh.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply