Canada Post Possible Stike

What happens now that orders are in the mail with a possible expected delivery date of September 30 and early October, what happens if not received there is no way of knowing whether these items will be received after strike is over.  Will eBay delay delivery date?

Message 1 of 601
latest reply
600 REPLIES 600

Re: Canada Post Possible Stike

This is excellent news, exactly what I had hoped to hear!

Given we're being asked to take the chance by continuing business as usual, it is great to know that we are receiving support behind that.

As an interesting note, despite the fact my store is in "cruise" mode at the moment (which I may change to full speed ahead again soon based on this latest information) I am seeing no apparent change in the number of Canadians purchasing material. Having said this I live in a much more patient customer base (stamp collectors) than many of the others here.
Message 241 of 601
latest reply

That's an interesting observation @ricarmic, and I think that you're dead on when you say that your customers are a lot more willing to be patient. Hopeful that others are encountering similar dispositions!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 242 of 601
latest reply

that's good news for a change, and well appreciated..

Message 243 of 601
latest reply

Hi Tyler, may I pose a question that requires further elaboration?

Does that seller protection include removing low DSRs on Shipping Time and other things with feedback left? Would it fix a negative or neutral? 

I ask because I received word via ebay Messages from a buyer today that he accidentally left me one-stars for DSRs when he meant to give five with the Positive feedback that he left. This is actually very easily done if a user leaves feedback with the ebay app on their mobile device because the app automatically holds on to the text and details of the last feedback left; this handy auto-generated text and star-rated feature has caused me accidental, inadvertent problems as a seller in the past. Also nearly as a buyer, too. It's the chief reason that I never use the ebay app to leave feedback now. 

If my DSRs will be automatically fixed as part of a not-our-fault-postal-strike sweep later in the month, I won't bother calling ebay Customer Service about it, but if the low DSRs are ineligible for strike-related seller protection, then I will. 

Any insight you could share will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 244 of 601
latest reply

Do DSRs have any effect on eBay's assessment of our selling accounts?

Does Feedback have any effect on eBay's assessment of our selling accounts?

I know it has some effect on buyer perceptions.

tyler@ebay

Message 245 of 601
latest reply

Big local added which will cause major disruptions Oct 30 and Oct 31:

Montreal (QC), Starting at 10:30pm ET, Oct 29

-..-

Message 246 of 601
latest reply

does anyone know if these "protections" apply automatically? we are in Canada but sell on the ebay.com platform. In our seller dashboard we are getting dings on our "tracking uploaded" on time section. For parcels dropped off at our local Canada Post outlet last week during the walk off in Toronto.  tyler@ebay do you know?

Message 247 of 601
latest reply

Hello tyler@ebay,

I appreciate you getting an answer for us on this.  We're all in this together so let's go out and get those sales today 

Message 248 of 601
latest reply

October 30 strike starts by CUPW:

• Cobourg (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Dawson Creek (BC), Starting at 7am MT, Oct 30
  • Deep River (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Fort Frances (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Fort Nelson (BC), Starting at 7am MT, Oct 30
  • Fort St. John (BC), Starting at 7am MT, Oct 30
  • Kapuskasing (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Kenora (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Moose Jaw (SK), Starting at 8am CT, Oct 30
  • Saskatoon (SK), Starting at 8am CT, Oct 30
  • Tri Town (ON), Starting at 7am ET, Oct 30
  • Weyburn (SK), Starting at 6am CT, Oct 30
Message 249 of 601
latest reply

Last monday sent package to Toronto (which is 2 hours away from my town), should be delivered in 1 business day, we calculated 2 days. Actual delivery was this Monday! Ugh...

Message 250 of 601
latest reply

@goldnideas wrote:

Last monday sent package to Toronto (which is 2 hours away from my town), should be delivered in 1 business day, we calculated 2 days. Actual delivery was this Monday! Ugh...

Toronto was shutdown Tuesday and Wednesday last week, resulting in a big backlog.

Message 251 of 601
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Hi Tyler, may I pose a question that requires further elaboration?

Does that seller protection include removing low DSRs on Shipping Time and other things with feedback left? Would it fix a negative or neutral? 

I ask because I received word via ebay Messages from a buyer today that he accidentally left me one-stars for DSRs when he meant to give five with the Positive feedback that he left. This is actually very easily done if a user leaves feedback with the ebay app on their mobile device because the app automatically holds on to the text and details of the last feedback left; this handy auto-generated text and star-rated feature has caused me accidental, inadvertent problems as a seller in the past. Also nearly as a buyer, too. It's the chief reason that I never use the ebay app to leave feedback now. 

If my DSRs will be automatically fixed as part of a not-our-fault-postal-strike sweep later in the month, I won't bother calling ebay Customer Service about it, but if the low DSRs are ineligible for strike-related seller protection, then I will. 

Any insight you could share will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maureen 

Hi @momcqueen - 

Protections for the strike include negative and neutral  feedback. DSRs are not specifically called out in this, but if you have evidence that it was left specifically due to the strike you have grounds for having it appealed and would want to contact CS directly for a review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 252 of 601
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Do DSRs have any effect on eBay's assessment of our selling accounts?

Does Feedback have any effect on eBay's assessment of our selling accounts?

I know it has some effect on buyer perceptions.

tyler@ebay

Hi @reallynicestamps - DSRs do not impact your seller performance rating, nor does feedback left or received factor into our assessment of accounts. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 253 of 601
latest reply

@caspianpearl wrote:

does anyone know if these "protections" apply automatically? we are in Canada but sell on the ebay.com platform. In our seller dashboard we are getting dings on our "tracking uploaded" on time section. For parcels dropped off at our local Canada Post outlet last week during the walk off in Toronto.  tyler@ebay do you know?

Hi @caspianpearl - I outlined the way the protections would be applied here. If you have any other questions feel free to tag me!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 254 of 601
latest reply

I ordered a big box last week and the tracking number never update due of the canada post strikes anyone know what kind of delay i can expect? Im in quebec and the package left missisauga last tuesday?

Message 255 of 601
latest reply

@pool-ws wrote:

I ordered a big box last week and the tracking number never update due of the canada post strikes anyone know what kind of delay i can expect? Im in quebec and the package left missisauga last tuesday?

Mississauga was closed Tuesday and Wednesday last week due to strike, Montreal currently closed -- both are major shipping hubs. Delay will depend on the shipping service the Seller used.

Message 256 of 601
latest reply

We are starting to see how rotating strikes can influence the passage of a parcel through the Canada Post system

Message 257 of 601
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

... rotating strikes can influence the passage of a parcel through the Canada Post system

There is a separate thread for that: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-kind-of-results-are-you-seeing-with-your-tracked-sh...

-..-

Message 258 of 601
latest reply

October 31, 2018

• Arnprior-Renfrew (ON) as of 6am ET, Oct 31
  • Charlottetown (PE) as of 12:01am AT, Oct 31
  • Joliette (QC) as of 1am ET, Oct 31
  • Nanaimo (BC) as of 6am PT, Oct 31
  • Ottawa (ON) as of 6am ET, Oct 31
  • Port Alberni (BC) as of 7am PT, Oct 31
  • Sorel (QC) as of 7am ET, Oct 31
  • St-Jean (QC) as of 7am ET, Oct 31
  • St-Jérôme (QC) as of 6:30am ET, Oct 31
  • Ste-Thérèse de Blainville (QC) as of 7:30am ET, Oct 31
  • Summerside (PE) as of 12:01am AT, Oct 31
  • Valleyfield (QC) as of 7am ET, Oct 31
  • Vaudreuil-Dorion (QC) as of 7am ET, Oct 31

PEI is completely shut down.... 100 % shut down... as stated by CUPW

This should also be  a wake up call for everyone in Ottawa

Message 259 of 601
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

October 31, 2018

... Ottawa (ON) as of 6am ET, Oct 31

... PEI is completely shut down.... 100 % shut down...

This should also be  a wake up call for everyone in Ottawa

YAWN

The government will continue it's policy of encouraging people to stop using paper mail.

As for PEI being completely shutdown -- that is really not that difficult with a non-tourist population of only 150 thousand people.

-..-

Message 260 of 601
latest reply