Canada Post Rates Change Effective Jan 14. How come I can't update my Listings?

Canada Post changed Weight allowance for Tracked Packet to USA Today Jan 14/2019. When I try to update Listing because Tracked Packet now covers up to 2 KG Message says "Weight Limit for Tracked Packet is still One kg". Is the Problem Ebay or Canada Post? Fix it please.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Canada Post Rates Change Effective Jan 14. How come I can't update my Listings?

Sigh. We’ll have to ask eBay Canada staff persons to have a look at this for us.
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Re: Canada Post Rates Change Effective Jan 14. How come I can't update my Listings?

Bulk edit was used to edit all listings.... on eBay Canada... today January 14.

There was no problem with adding Tracked Packet for the ranges.... 

1.0 to 1.5 kg....... or ..... 1.5 to 2.0 kg

No problem.....

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Use the bulk edit even if you only have one listings to edit...

or choose two listings and only edit one of the listings.....

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Is it possible to add those mailing options when creating a new listing or currently is the only way with Bulk Edit after the fact?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

I use Auctiva to create my listings.

Try the options and see which option works.....

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

According to Announcements December 2018 on dot ca eBay was aware of the postal increases for Jan 14, 2019. System updates "should" have been in place to make those changes live as of Jan 14, 2019, 12:01 AM EST for New Listings, Relists, Sell Similar and Bulk Editing. Similar to when Tracking services get added or removed for International shipping for certain countries. (This would include eBay/Paypal & Shippo - CPC would definitely have them in place.)

-Lotz

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

@happy_pigeon

It's Monday.

There is a problem.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Most definitely a major problem. Did some random checks and found the following:

When I checked a sell similar no rate options were displaying for USA(Possibly requires a while to populate  the data)

(Remember the Zipcode issues from ummmm last year???) Spotted a few of those.

International is missing services and Tracked Service has not been updated.

Previously posted listings:

Missing services that were included in the original listings.

Tracked service rates have not been updated. USA & Intl.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

As I have suggested on multiple occasions in the past because of these problems, issues such as these cause major grief for sellers. (Seems to be mostly Canadian Sellers for some reason.) Your average buyer checks postage using the calculator. If they receive an error message they just go elsewhere. They rarely try things like Add to Cart or emailing a seller. Features like the postage calculator/Taxes for certain locations NEED to work all the time correctly and accurately.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Make sure you have started a new ebay session for today. Maybe logout of eBay, shutdown you computer and restart. Also try browser clear cache and cookies.

To make sure you do not have old eBay codes in your computer that is confusing eBay.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@happy_pigeon

It's Monday.

There is a problem.

I had to chuckle at your phrasing, but yes, this must be a very frustrating issue. I've put our Product Manager for shipping on it. Thanks all for your patience.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Er... did you check those changes took effect? There’s a massive Bulk Edit bug that doesn’t allow changes to international shipping to actually work. It’s been not working for me for years. I’d be happy to learn it was fixed.
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Signed out and rebooted.

Tested .450 gr listing included US Small Packet, Tracked and Expedited, Intl Air Small Packet & Intl Tracked

Calculator eBay

Expedited Rate disappears to the USA if your measurement is under 22 cms

Small Packet Correct, Tracked Correct, Expedited 22 cm 24.09

Calculator at the Canadapost website

Small Packet Correct, Tracked 19.86(Announcement 17.38 (CP does not include taxes)

Expedited 20 cms rate is 21.83/22 cms 23.87

-Lotz

PS. Extremely labour intensive to confirm 100's of listings are correct.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Calculator eBay

Expedited Rate disappears to the USA if your measurement is under 22 cms

That isn't an update problem as the minimum for expedited USA is 21x 14 x .5cm so it has always disappeared on the ebay calculator. It should tell the seller when they do their listing that the dimensions are wrong but it never has.

I realize that you have said that you can print a label on Shippo if the dimensions are less but according to Canada Post standards, those are the minimums for that service.  I've always wanted to ask why they show them on the calculator though.

Speaking of the CP calculator, my pc is only loading part of that page. Is anyone else having that problem?

Message 15 of 47
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Er... did you check those changes took effect? There’s a massive Bulk Edit bug that doesn’t allow changes to international shipping to actually work. It’s been not working for me for years. I’d be happy to learn it was fixed.

I've never had a problem changing international shipping with bulk edit but then I generally use a flat rate. Are you having a problem with changing flat rate or just with

calculated?

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Regarding the Expedited situation:

A rate displays fine at the Canada Post website for over and under 22 cms

The problem has been with the eBay calculator not matching. It would be similar to requiring 2 different size boxes if you wanted to upgrade to Expedited for some items for certain applicable listings.

-Lotz

PS. That is correct regarding advising the seller that a dims are under the limits. Similar to how it was able to do it in the past for certain services if they were over the allowable weight limits/measurements.

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Calculated.
Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Calculated? I already have Expedited Parcel USA as shipping Choice. If I try to delete and replace with Tracked Packet or ad Tracked Packet it won't let Me. Even though weight and Dimensions are within requirements.
Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Something is messed up at the moment with USA Canada Post Calculated shipping services; we’re stuck waiting until eBay sorts it out, I’m afraid.
Message 20 of 47
latest reply