Canada Post Shipping Labels Announcement

Not sure if this is of importance to anyone / everyone since I do not print shipping labels from PayPal but thought Id' share just in case ....

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/  

BEGINNING TOMORROW –START YOUR CANADA POST LABELS ON EBAY

If you’re accustomed to printing your Canada Post shipping labels directly from PayPal, note that beginning tomorrow, you’ll need to start that process from eBay.ca in order to benefit from pre-filled buyer information and from eBay’s discounted Canada Post rates.

If you print your labels directly from within PayPal, you can still print a label using PayPal’s new merchant label platform, but your eBay buyer information will no longer be pre-filled, and you won’t benefit from eBay’s discounted rates on Canada Post services.

If you print your shipping labels by going to eBay first, choosing one or more sold items and selecting the label printing option, you’ll be redirected to PayPal, where you can still complete your label purchase with your buyer’s name, address, and shipping details pre-filled. You’ll also continue to benefit from eBay’s negotiated Canada Post rates, which include 18% off Expedited Parcel within Canada, and 15% off Expedited Parcel and Tracked packet USA.

Printing Canada Post labels starting from My eBay:

To print a single label:

Click the “Print shipping label” link from the Actions menu located at right.

To print multiple labels:

• Select one or more sold items.
  • Click the “Print shipping labels” button.

Printing Canada Post labels starting from Selling Manager:

• Sign in to https://my.ebay.ca
  • Navigate to Selling Manager Sold items or Selling Manager Awaiting shipment items.

To print a single label:

• Click the “Print shipping labels” link from the actions column located at left.

To print multiple labels:

• Select one or more sold items.
  • Click the Shipping actions button, and select Print shipping labels or invoices from the flyout menu.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hmm, 15% for EP USA and TP USA?

It was 18% and 14%. A change of discount? Very indirect way to annouce it!

What about Xpresspost 8% and 9%?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Crud, I have gotten out of the habit of checking the ebay Announcements page. Thanks tor the notice of changes coming! I would have been plenty unpleasantly surprised; I always print straight from paypal. Nuts, I like to do it that way. That link we're supposed to use effective right now led to a dead-end for so many years for me, I got used to never using it. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
Hmm, 15% for EP USA and TP USA?

It was 18% and 14%. A change of discount? Very indirect way to annouce it!

What about Xpresspost 8% and 9%?

Yes, what about Xpresspost discounts?! I am currently subsiding them 18 per cent from counter rate and I doubt I am willing to go farther than that. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No great surprise, since I did wonder why paypal purchases qualified for the eBay.ca/Canada Post discount. And since the rates changed today, no one can easily determine if the programmers screwed up.

So no difference using ebay/paypal for Light Packet or Small Packet -- since the discount is already 0%

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

yes it  still would have to go through paypal at some point, because ebay address's and paypal address's don't always match up..

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

yes it  still would have to go through paypal at some point, because ebay address's and paypal address's don't always match up..

When an item has been paid for eBay will pull the address from PayPal if it's different than the eBay registered address.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply