Canada Post Snap Ship is working again

I don't know if it's just me, or if it was due to a workaround with gaining access to Snap Ship a different way like pjcdn2005 and ydpc_dennis suggested, but I was able to successfully purchase and print a Snap Ship label through Canada Post tonight. I thought I'd throw that out there.

It's worth trying again if you, like me, was unable to make it work this week after it had been working since inception. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Now Snap Ship does *not* work for me... I'm wondering if it's because Canada Post website tends to be down after 1am PST? I actually did managed to login at 11pm but stopped in the middle of making a label because I got distracted. When I remembered at 1am, it wouldn't let me login saying my password is incorrect. I gave up and decided well, why not try to make a Shippo account? It wouldn't work either and got stuck at the part where it needs to link to my Canada Post account.

Now I gotta wait till I wake up tomorrow to see if I could print the darn label, and if not I'm just going to mail it for $2 more over the counter...
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's definitely driving me nuts now. Tried resetting the password and I still can't bloody login and kept getting "The username or password you entered did not match our records. Please try again or select forgot username or forgot password."... when I know for a fact that I did have the correct password initially, or even when I'm using the new password that I just resetted with... oh how I wish I'd have just printed the darn label when it was working at 11pm! Just gonna drop it off at a counter tomorrow instead. I'm so done with it.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I've had that Canada Post error crop up in the recent past for no particular reason. Assuming you cleared your cache and restarted your computer (the thing that allowed me to navigate past it) I'd have to suggest it's probably a CPC glitch of some sort. It seems as if they are busy upgrading glitches lately. It may be widespread and when that happens they usually post it to their twitter.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't see anything about it, unfortunately. https://mobile.twitter.com/canadaposthelps?lang=en

You could try calling the 1-800-number but my last call (about Snap Ship) was lengthy and a bit frustrating whereas I've found CPC CSRs to be good to deal with in the past. Maybe they call forward players from the minors to act as agents when more experienced people take summer holidays.

Regardless, not much fun. I can relate, sorry to hear it. Did you try plain old PayPal? It still has shipping services although the prices may have changed.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

So... because I'm stubborn, I tried Shippo again. Except this time instead of trying to link it to my existing CP account I just had Shippo create a new account and that worked. Printed an international small packet air 250g label for $8.39. The funny thing is in the declaration form I typed $40 for items value, yet when the label printed it became $39.99...? The net weight is wrong too, I typed net weight 200g and yet on the declaration it said net weight 0.066kg...? Some weird conversion was definitely going on in the background, but ah well, at least it's not over 250g lol. The special character on my German buyer's address also didn't print properly so I had to pen over it... 

Anyhow, since it's a small packet it's not gonna be tracked anyway, so I'm just gonna be handing it over the counter and hope it arrives to the buyer safely. It's a repeat buyer. At least the Shippo label looked legit just like the ones I printed with Snap Ship last week. 

Shippo does monthly payment right? So I just need to make sure I leave enough money in my Paypal balance? 

Edit: Just saw your post after I replied. No I'm not gonna call Canada Post. I'm going to sleep and have my family drop off the parcel for me on their way out Smiley Happy I'm not going to try to get Snap Ship sorted out since the 15% off is only until end of July anyway. Now that I got Shippo working (and hope it stays working) I'll just stick with it, since I was planning to switch to Shippo in August anyway. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Shippo does monthly payment right? So I just need to make sure I leave enough money in my Paypal balance? 

Invoiced weekly or when it exceeds $25 for the first time, then $100 thereafter. (from the Shippo help blogs).

My first shipment with Shippo was above $25 so it was taken out immediately from my paypal account.

-..-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I printed another label tonight (international) on Snap Ship without difficulty. I logged in the usual way, nothing tricky. It must be fixed.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply