Canada Post Store for Small Business

I've been selling on eBay for 3 years now and I never realized this existed so just thought I'd mention if in case nobody else is aware. Its nothing crazy but interesting none the less. If you have a Small Business account with Canada Post you can order certain supplies from them and some of them are free, and they ship to you for free. Here are some notable items I ordered:

- You can get the same Lettermail Template they used to check thickness at the PO for $9.20 free shipping.

- Free adhesive "window" pouches.

-Free stickers. Not really sure if or how I will use these

-eBay/CanadaPost branded 400mm x 300mm poly mailers. These are very good quality and are cheaper than anything I've found on Amazon.

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/mail-pack-ship/labels-stickers-pouches-and-more.jsf

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Thank you there are some interesting items on that site.

Store owners get an "allowance" from eBay a few times a year for branded envelopes and boxes. They are not cheap if you use money to buy them, but with the allowance these are practically free.

I didn't see the Lettermail Template - do you have a more precise link?  That is a Most Wanted from every seller's letter to Santa.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@travis7s 

I'm not seeing the letter mail device either. I got one over 5 years ago when they were free. I was told they were discontinued. If you have one they're basically considered like gold. Definitely comes in handy to premeasure before heading off to a post office. For certain items you will see: You must be a Commercial customer to order this product.  For the pouches you can order in certain size quantities a few times per year unless you can show the volume. 3 or 5 x (100). Haven't needed to order in awhile so its slipping my mind.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yeah its there on the page as "Lettermail Template", but it looks more like a paper form from the photo. I just got one in this week.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Oh yes! I treasure my plastic letter mail device that I acquired for free from a postal outlet many years ago...

I do order the packing tape from the Canada Post store as the pack of 4 was discontinued at our local postal outlets so I am unable to purchase them locally and it is a good quality tape for my purposes.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@travis7s 

There are a few sellers on eBay they have them listed. Going price that I spotted 25.00 to 35.00 Canadian plus shipping. Guess there was enough of a demand for them that CPC reconsidered discontinuing them.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I seem to recall that my wife and I got a discount on our plastic letter mail template because there was an error in its calibration or labelling. I’m not going to dig it out and try to figure out what that goof was, though 😄
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This is why I like dealing with a small village post office. A few years and postmasters ago, our POs "wore out" and they had to order another one, which is what I've been using ever since!!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply