Canada Post Woes Update

Canada Post delivery issues. Was bad. Is bad. Will remain bad for the time being. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/wheres-your-delivery-canada-post-backlog-amid-covid-19-keeps-c...

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Canada Post Woes Update

Here in B.C, on 1 June, I mailed 3 packages to USA and international. Tracking today, 11 June , shows they have not yet left B.C!!!

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

Recent shipment to a non major point in Germany with Intl Air Small Package. Dropped off on 1st of June. Delivered on the 9th. Technically 6 business days. Now if only the service from East to West or West to East was that fast.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

@realjazz-123

Or your items have left B.C. but they haven’t been scanned in the destination country yet. Tracking shows where an item has been, not where it is.
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

a small packet airmail to  the UK delivered in 10 days...a pkg within Canada (sent from SK to ON.) still MIA after 14 days... and no tracking info after May 28th originating scan.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

Odd but true, almost all of my MIA packages to this point have been to Canadian and USA addrsses, in all cases MIA after more than 4 weeks, even to "close" cities to me here in Canada!

Generally the overseas stuff is getting there fast!

I will say there is a lot of extra paperwork for MIA packages by the time you re explain the situation, then maybe wait, then go through the refund, then go through the re invoice when it does show up (a lot of stuff is arriving in 5 or 6 weeks) and all the associated accounting paperwork for me that causes!

I've also got a growing pile of things (9 now) to go to no service countries that the buyers have elected to "wait"  (in my note I recommend cancelling and rebuying later but ZERO% have done that so far, everyone is happy to wait - so far).

Stuff in my world is selling very well though so I'm not complaining.....

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

I sent an item Small Packet from Calgary to South Bend, IN on May 6.  It arrived today June 11 - the buyer sent an email to let me know. 

The UR number was not scanned by USPS like it has been in the past. 

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

I have an anxious customer in France whose purchase keeps getting denied because according to eBay I do not ship to France.

I specifically have a shipping fee for France.

France is accepting parcels from Canada again.

Canada Post is shipping parcels to France again.

Sheesh.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I have an anxious customer in France whose purchase keeps getting denied because according to eBay I do not ship to France.

What's the listing id? 

France isn't on any of the ebay blocked country lists I've seen.

Although I suppose ebay.FR could be imposing their own country restrictions.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

@femmefan1946 

Most of your lustings on this ID are showing as ‘shipping not specified’ to France.  Did you confirm that particular listing does have a shipping cost currentlly set up?

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

That might have been the problem.

I changed the service from "International Standard Air" to Tracked Packet Air - which showed over $80 and then to Small Packet Air which was a  more reasonable $60.

We'll see what I come up with if he buys and I am at the PO counter. I will be refunding him something if I find a cheaper service.  We are both determined to get him his catalogue.

Another point came up with this.

Apparently eBay has all on its own decided I do not ship to "Brazil, Philippines, Ukraine, Indonesia, Jamaica, Qatar, Singapore, Greece, Switzerland, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Chile, Cameroon, Colombia, Morocco, South Africa, Malaysia, Egypt, Latvia, Kuwait, Macedonia, Costa Rica" which I have never specified . (I mean, Switzerland?) . Is this because Canada does not ship there at the moment?

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

Ebay started blocking in April.

Ebay's blocked list does not match Canada Post's list.

I suspect this was one of ebay's made in America decisions.

One of the ebay blocked country threads: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Why-is-eBay-adding-shipping-exclusuions-to-my-listings/m...

Canada Post service alerts (last updated May 29 for International):

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/service-alerts.page

-..-

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

Looking back at domestic shipments may 28-june 3 mostly delivered  except for several Ontario items marked 'date pending'. ..must be an issue at at least one of the ontario sorting centers.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

My URs have only been scanned at Customs and then the local unit. No delivery scans 😞
Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

yes, must be issues in Ontario for sure, as my Ontario destined expedited parcel referenced in a previous post- tracking now shows as in Montreal.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

There is a huge back log on mail being shipped back east. I am shipping from B.C. & the parcels are taking a really long time to get there. One of my sales is to Nova Scotia. I shipped on May 23 & it arrived in Montreal on June 4 & sat there for almost 10 days. It has just now reached Nova Scotia & is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. What usually takes about a week, has taken 3 weeks.

But I have found that my parcels going to the US are getting dispatched & delivered quickly.  Must be because Vancouver is so close to the US border. They usually get to the border in a day or two.

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

I was in on Friday and the cashier's attitude was horrendous as well! I'm not happy with Canada Post right now AT ALL. Here in my city they have a small envelope cart sitting in the center of the floor where customers are *trying* to line up and that is where they want people who print labels putting their packages! The cart didn't allow for people to be social distancing and a few people looked upset about it. I usually slide my parcels behind the counter so as not to be in the way. The guy says "Don't put that there". I looked up and asked him "Why" as I hadn't been there in over a month and didn't realize I would have to leave my package in the center of the floor like that. He just said "Cause I don't want it there." Spoiled children entering the workforce...

Now I'm wondering what to do with my next parcel, as I don't want to leave it in the center of the floor where customers lined up out the door, with the doors propped open! I might have to start using another courier for the time being, a company I can trust to take my parcel TO THE BACK, or even BEHIND THE COUNTER, as opposed to next to the huge line up of customers!

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

@pooroldcancollector wrote:

... I'm wondering what to do with my next parcel, as I don't want to leave it in the center of the floor where customers lined up out the door, with the doors propped open!

Alternatives:

* use your nearest red mailbox

* use a retail postal outlet -- I use one at Shoppers rather than the actual post office, and I also get originate scans for parcels since the inside postal lineups are short.

* you can (for most addresses) arrange for pickup of your parcel when you buy the label using Canada Post's SnapShip.

-..-

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

1. Not all boxes fit in red post boxes. 

2. Retail postal outlets are currently closed. 

3. I don't use Snapship. I use Paypal.

Just because something is working in your province, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone!

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Canada Post Woes Update

If there is a postal outlet in a nearby area, I'd be going there...certainly would go elsewhere for better service...

Message 20 of 47
latest reply