Canada Post shipping discounts for Ebay

tch_ca
Community Member

Is Ebay making progress re-negotiating reasonable shipping rates with CPC or are we stuck paying the already ridiculously high rates offered by CPC?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Good question. I cannot answer that but maybe ebay reps can update us on it. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If you hold a Small Business Solutions number, you do get a 5% or so discount on many parcel services.

This includes some shipping labels purchased through Paypal, Shippo and SnapShip.

With  SS the fee is charged to your credit card.

With PP it comes out of your PP account.

I think Shippo can be charged to your PP account, but I don't use it often.

PP already knows the shipping address.

With SS you have to enter the address.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I think Shippo can charge to PP but I use a cash back credit card with it, so to me it's sorta an extra 1.5% saving in the form of cash back.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I pay for my Shippo labels through PP now but using a card with a cash back program is a good  idea.  I’ll have to switch to that  although I may wait until we have to switch to the new new payment processor.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes, please. Shippo has lost a bit of it's luster without the discount.

Last year when Snap Ship came out and it was an extra 15% off, those were good days.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Semi related question:

Is anyone on Canada Post Level 2 discounts or higher? Do Shippo orders count towards your yearly CPC total spend?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@travis7s wrote:

Do Shippo orders count towards your yearly CPC total spend?

Both Shippo and Paypal count if your Solutions for Small Business number is linked properly.

Canada Post should(*) show your last 3 months of label purchases when you sign into your account and look at the dashboard outbound section.

(*) - assuming CPC website is running properly, they've had a number of glitches this summer.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@travis7s wrote:

Semi related question:

Is anyone on Canada Post Level 2 discounts or higher? Do Shippo orders count towards your yearly CPC total spend?

I'm currently sitting at Level 2, and I cannot say that reaching a new level of additional discount knocked off my socks. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have all my business cards registered with shippo. The base 5% discounts don't come close to what Ebay had negotiated.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tch_ca
Community Member

Maybe Ebay should remove this nonsense then. Shows up every time you create a label...

"

Congratulations on your recent sale! You will now be redirected to Shippo, eBay’s shipping label platform partner, to create and print a label you can use to ship your item.

If this is your first time using Shippo, you’ll have the opportunity to create a free Shippo account to link to your eBay account.

By using Shippo, you’ll have access to Canada Post discounted rates exclusive to sellers on eBay. Information about your shipment is pre-filled, and tracking numbers will be sent automatically to your buyer, where applicable."

Message 11 of 11
latest reply