Change in mid-listing

I'm an Ebay.com seller in Canada.  I was in the middle of scheduling several listings (selling in US dollars and using PST for scheduling) when I got a note from Ebay telling me about how they are improving things for sellers.  All of a sudden my scheduled listings came up in Canadian and US dollars and the ones I was working on now are only coming up in Canadian dollars.  How do I get back to US dollars.  Also the scheduling time is now based on Eastern Standard Time.  Any ideas on what happeded?  I haven't used Ebay for about a year.  Is this now standard procedure?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Change in mid-listing

I just went back in and the old listings seem to be back the way they were.  The two newer listings were still coming up in Canadian dollars so I just deleted them.  I will try again later to get back to US dollars.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Change in mid-listing

marnotom!
Community Member

A listing in Canadian dollars with time set to EST would be a listing made on eBay.ca.

A listing in US dollars with time set to PST would be a listing made on eBay.com.

When you redo those two listings, @almost50, make sure you're listing on the .com site if that's what you want.  These discussion boards are on the .ca site.

For what it's worth, I can't see any listings for you under the ID "almost50," be they current or completed.  Are these listings under a different ID?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Change in mid-listing

If you are lisiting on dotCA the only currency you can list on is loonies. DotCA also works on Eastern Time.

If you are listing on dotCOM the only currency you can list in is USD. DotCOM works on Pacific Time.

If you are listing on dotCOM from a dotCA registered account, your listing will show in USD, but with the Canadian dollar equivalent underneath.

This has been the situation for over five years. Perhaps ten.

Do you have a Managed Payments account set up so that eBay can transfer your payments to your chequing account?

Paypal was dropped as a Seller payment processor over two years ago.

If you are listing on dotCOM, that's fine, but make sure you show the location of your products (not your own location). You will also have to use Flat Rate Shipping unless you are planning to use a forwarder like chitchat express.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply