Charges For 'Other Fees'?

Just received my July financial statement stating sales and fees of each of the 10 items that sold in July, but for the first time since January there are now additional pages included entitled 'other fees' listing individual 'insertion fees' for the additional 52 items that were listed?  Some of these 52 items were renewed,  a few were just listed recently and not yet renewed, and 3 actually sold in July ( normal 'fees' where charged with these 3).  (A) Trying to figure out why these 52 items list individual 'insertion fees'? (B) If this is in regard to 'renewals' does ebay not indicate them as 'renewal' fees? 

Would appreciate it if anyone might be able to clarify what is happening here?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Charges For 'Other Fees'?

I checked out your listings and it looks like you have a number of auctions (currently 63) going and you run them as 7 day auctions. If these items don't sell and you re-list them each time it counts as another insertion so if say you had 50 auctions that you re-listed each week that would be 200 insertions out of the 250 free you're allowed.

I run auctions also and back when I had higher volume of items I had a basic store subscription since it worked out cheaper to have it when I ended up re-listing the items that didn't sell during round one.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you list more than your free 250 listings in that month than each new or renewed listing in that time period  will be charged an insertion fee. I don't ever go over but I'm sure that they don't specify if the charge is for a new or renewed listing. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay does not differentiate between items listed for the first time and listings that renew. Both use up your 250 free and if you go over are subject to listing fees.

If you are consistantly going over 250 per month you should consider a Basic Store subscription.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@recped wrote:

eBay does not differentiate between items listed for the first time and listings that renew. Both use up your 250 free and if you go over are subject to listing fees.

If you are consistantly going over 250 per month you should consider a Basic Store subscription.

It appears the OP has never had 250 listings. Only way they could potentially be going over is by ending on their own and relisting multiple times or listing items in multiple categories.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Are you listing some items in multiple categories?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I checked out your listings and it looks like you have a number of auctions (currently 63) going and you run them as 7 day auctions. If these items don't sell and you re-list them each time it counts as another insertion so if say you had 50 auctions that you re-listed each week that would be 200 insertions out of the 250 free you're allowed.

I run auctions also and back when I had higher volume of items I had a basic store subscription since it worked out cheaper to have it when I ended up re-listing the items that didn't sell during round one.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks to all for the input, I was mistakenly under the impression all this time that there was no charge for re-listing items? As mentioned whenever I 'relist' items ebay always displays $0 fees??? Appreciate the replies since Ebay's terms and explanations get rather convoluted at times.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@drwho534 wrote:

Thanks to all for the input, I was mistakenly under the impression all this time that there was no charge for re-listing items? As mentioned whenever I 'relist' items ebay always displays $0 fees??? Appreciate the replies since Ebay's terms and explanations get rather convoluted at times.

@drwho534 

When/if there are charges it should be stating so BEFORE you hit send. You can test by adding Gallery plus to an applicable listing. It should show a charge. Just like any listing upgrade. Then just remove before you confirm or you will get a charge. When you do get extra charges they will show as they happen under the Payments tab.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes the re-listing of items (auctions) counts towards the 250 total. You can always look at where you are on any given month if you go to the bottom of your Sellers Hub page where it says "Promotional Offers" - there will be "List 250 of your items for free" Used/Left:  35/250 (or whatever the number). This would be a good time to check it out since it's still fairly near the beginning of August. I know back in my busier days I used to keep an eye on where I stood regularly when re-listing (sometimes waiting a couple of days to re-list if it was at the end of the month for instance!)

Message 9 of 9
latest reply