Charging for Free listings

I still have 35 free listings available until 10pm Mountain but I am being charged for items automatically being relisted.  For new listings I am being charged an insertion rate as well.

Anyone else dealing with this delightful situation?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Charging for Free listings

I just noticed that I'm having the same issue. I've got 29 free listings left to use and system is trying to charge insertion fee. What gives?????

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Don't know - I can only guess ebay thinks the month is over.

I have ended my GTC listings so they won't relist and am not listing my new items.

I guess I will call ebay on Monday to get a credit for the ones they have already charged me for and get them to give me another 35 free listings.

Sheesh!

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Same, with 31 free listings remaining. Going to have to end listings to avoid the insertion fee charges. Already ended some early to relist and use up the 31 free and can't because the insertion fees are charging.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Same here. I can see that on .COM I still have like 20 / 50 of the monthly free listing left, yet when I tried to make a new listing I'm quoted $0.40 insertion fee (on .COM).

As for .CA, since I didn't use up the free 200 yet, I'm not being charged the insertion fee. I'm going to guess that if I do use up the free 200 and then go into the free 50, then I will be charged.

Looking at my account details, it doesn't look like I'm charged for any .COM auto-relist listings yet (as they were all auto-relisted before today). I have 3 listings due to auto-relist in a couple hours tonight so I will see if I get charged for those. I debated about ending them now and relisting them tomorrow but these listings do have 5+ watchers soooo I'll accept the risk lol.

tyler@ebay  perhaps can look into it next week?

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Me too.

I should have 43 free listings in my Store subscription-- which are paid for, not truly "free".

But I got charged 29c each for the two I went ahead with -- since I'd done all the work on the first on anyway and on the second one I purposely went to Sell from the Seller Hub where I clicked on the 43 "free" listings remaining.

These were  on dotCOM.

There is an similar thread on dotCOM and one thought is that the programmers didn't know there are 31 days in some months.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Tried using the chat feature to contact eBay. I told them about the problem and the guy I was chatting with "Maynard", cuts me off. WTH....

I waited half an hour just to get the chat started from their end and then they just cut me off?!?!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Because I was not going to be available for several hours today I scheduled my 96 listings that I had left(schedule listing feature is free for non-store owners)  46 listings left of the 200 free listing promo plus July's 50 free monthly listings. I just went to check to see if all my listings uploaded as scheduled and they did but I  am being charged for all 50 of the July free monthly listings >that July free monthly listing allotment is not in current or expired offers - it has completely disappeared.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay,    please check.

Yes, Tyler, it is a problem.  If you can find out what happened and send me credit for 12 listing insertion fees (I had 35 left) I would be very grateful.  It would save me a call to you know wheregrin

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Bunch of posts on dot com discussion reporting exact same issue. Posts are dated today July 31. Many unhappy campers.

-Lotz

Sample:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/i-have-14-free-listings-that-don-t-expire-until-midni...

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

well I did get through on eBay chat, but unfortunately got stuck with someone who had no clue how these free listings worked and kept trying to tell me that the free 200 listing promo was in place of my free monthly allotment of 50. After about 20 minutes of arguing I finally got the fees removed from my account.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Just noticed that 7 items I relisted yesterday now have insertion fees, yet before posting them there were no fees showing at the bottom of the screen. I too had 30 free listings to use up yesterday.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Looking at my account details, it doesn't look like I'm charged for any .COM auto-relist listings yet (as they were all auto-relisted before today). I have 3 listings due to auto-relist in a couple hours tonight so I will see if I get charged for those. I debated about ending them now and relisting them tomorrow but these listings do have 5+ watchers soooo I'll accept the risk lol.

tyler@ebay  perhaps can look into it next week?

Just checked my fees, those three .COM listings were indeed charged C $0.49 each. I'm not going to contact eBay customers service over C $1.48 (they rounded up lol) but this is indeed a little annoying thinking

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @zee-chan, and sorry for the delay in my response!

This was a confirmed technical issue on both sites (.ca and .com). I've been told the root cause has been identified and corrected so it should no longer be happening, and that appropriate measures will be taken to take care of folks who were impacted. 

Please keep an eye on your eBay message center for more details!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Was this every resolved(refunds/credits applied)  for the folks it affected?

-Lotz

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Yes, I got credit for 13 listings after I contacted ebay on Facebook.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I didn't contact any CS and I got the credit for the 3 listings that auto-relisted on the 31st 😃

I also learned that apparently, when you file an unpaid item dispute, even though you get the FVF back, the ad fee doesn't get refunded so it was a bit annoying...
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@zee-chan 

On the few times I've waited for credits for (Cancelled - Paid) FVF's there was a bit of a delay receiving the credit for that ad fee. I think once I had to give eBay a bit of a nudge to get them credited and it showed up 24 hours later. Wonder if is something they are working on changing? There also are reports of either the buyer now having to actually accept the cancellation or letting them run their course before they are officially cancelled. Going by the last one I processed the refund was sent automatically. The cancellation report still shows as pending. 4 days after the fact.

-Lotz

PS. It's curious for unpaid it states refund was sent even when no funds are involved.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Thanks. Well the unpaid item dispute went through its course and gave me the FVF refund already, the buyer didn't do anything. But eh, it was only around 30 cents so I'm not wasting my time phoning CS for it. If I get it, cool, if not, then whatever. Unpaid item disputes are pretty rare for me anyway, a couple a year or so.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@zee-chan 

RE: the ad fee doesn't get refunded so it was a bit annoying...

According to customer service refunding FVF's for AD fees should be automatic. Here are the whys and wherefores on cancelling and time frames for things to run their course.

tyler@ebay Can you confirm this is correct?

Accepting or declining your cancellation request

The seller can either accept or decline your cancellation request.

If the seller agrees to cancel the order, they have 10 days to refund you through the same method you used to pay. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for a PayPal refund to go through. If you paid with a credit card, it may take up to 30 days to process, depending on your card provider.

Things move much faster when the buyer does actually accept the cancellation. 9/10th of the battle.

-Lotz

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/cancelling-order/cancelling-order?id=4004&st=3&pos=1&query=Cancellin...

Message 20 of 22
latest reply